79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

M. Water Polo: Bowen, Bonanni named to the men’s water polo U.S. Senior National Team roster

Just a few months removed from a season-ending loss in the MPSF Tournament, men’s water polo standouts Alex Bowen and Bret Bonanni earned spots on the U.S. Senior National Team roster.

The announcement came a week before the UANA World Aquatic Championship Qualification Tournament, where Bowen and Bonanni will join Jeffrey Schwimer ’11 to compete for Team USA against Canada, Brazil and Argentina. The two top teams will advance to July’s FINA World Aquatic Championships in Barcelona, Spain.

The tournament will mark the Senior National Team debut for both the sophomore Bowen and freshman Bonanni, as well as Schwimer. Each had spent time with the various youth national teams in the past. Bowen and Bonanni also account for two of the three current collegians on the U.S. roster, being joined by USC’s Nikola Vavic.

Bowen and Bonanni, Stanford’s top two goal scorers in 2012, combined to net 137 goals over the campaign. Bonanni led the team with 73, the highest output in the program since 2004. The Huntington Beach native’s strong debut season led to his being named MPSF Newcomer of the Year as well as to the All-MPSF First Team.

After being named 2011 MPSF Newcomer of the Year last year, Bowen responded with 64 goals in his sophomore season, also earning a place on the All-MPSF First Team. The San Diego native scored a team-high 11 goals at the MPSF Championship in Los Angeles, while sharing the team lead of 12 hat tricks with Bonanni.

Schwimer was a two-time All-American for the Cardinal (2009-10) during his four-year career on The Farm (2007-10). The crowd-favorite utility from Beverly Hills scored 84 goals during his collegiate career, maxing out with 33 in his senior campaign of 2010 in which he was named to the ACWPC All-America Second Team and All-MPSF First Team. In 2008 Schwimer scored 18 goals, including the game-winner in Stanford’s 6-5 National Collegiate Championship semifinal win over Loyola Marymount, as the Cardinal reached the National Championship Game.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com