Panda Express to reopen this week

Panda Express in Tresidder Union is expected to reopen the week of Jan. 14 following final inspections, according to a statement from Residential and Dining Enterprises (R&DE).

The area of Tresidder has been cordoned off with plastic sheets since the beginning of winter quarter.

The renovations are being made by Panda Express and will include an overhead low-voltage lighting system, new refrigeration appliances, added cooking and preparatory capacity, a new service counter design, a new cooler window that will display fresh-cut vegetables, a new self-serve beverage case and granite and limestone finishes. According to a statement from Panda Express, the renovations are expected to improve line flow and reduce wait times.

R&DE and Panda Express have been planning these renovations since Panda Express opened its Tresidder location in 2011, according to the statement from R&DE.

R&DE also indicated that the renovations would include other changes to the Tresidder Union Square area.

About Nitish Kulkarni

Nitish is a Deputy Desk Editor at The Stanford Daily. He is a sophomore majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and he is interested in writing about technology and research.