Breaking News

RT @KeithHennessey: @Stanford makes a great pick: @RichardEngel for commencement speaker.: 3 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @McFaul: Congrats @RichardEngel on being selected as the 2015 commencement speaker @Stanford ! See you in June.: 3 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @vrjbndr: Stanford 2015 Commencement speaker is @RichardEngel! Very excited.: 3 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Richard Engel, the chief foreign news correspondent for NBC, chosen to deliver Class of 2015 Commencement speech.: 4 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: Director Ken Savage talks about much-anticipated musical "Hairspray" and the representation of minorities in theatre ht…: 24 hours ago, The Stanford Daily

Letter: Stanford should do more to help Dining workers

Monday’s article on the educational ambitions of Stanford Residential and Dining Enterprises staff was eye-opening and inspiring. Stanford’s reticence to assist those goals, though, is anything but. That Stanford–a university with its own top-flight School of Education–does less than UPS to encourage the educational aspirations of its dining employees, seems almost perverse.

I hope Stanford begins addressing this issue, a philosophical dissonance that cuts to the core of our institution’s mission, and I hope to see The Daily continuing to cover it.

Sincerely,

Nate Sloan

Ph.D. Candidate, Musicology, ‘15