Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 8 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Brief: Stanford makes mark with Pac-12 awards, Ratcliffe wins Coach of the Year

The Pac-12 women’s soccer awards were announced on Wednesday, and as expected, the top-ranked Cardinal were well represented. Five players were named to the all-Pac-12 first team, and two each were named to the all-Pac-12 honorable mention and the Pac-12 All-Freshman team.

Senior Mariah Nogueria (21) was one of five Stanford players named to the All-Pac-12 First Team. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

While Stanford failed to secure the Pac-12 Player of the Year award for the first time since 2008, Paul Ratcliffe was named Pac-12 Coach of the Year for the fifth consecutive season.

Senior tri-captains Alina Garciamendez, Mariah Nogueira and Rachel Quon led the Cardinal’s first team selections. Junior goalie Emily Oliver and sophomore forward Chioma Ubogagu were also honored, as well as redshirt junior Courtney Verloo and sophomores Lo’eau LaBonta and Emily Oliver, senior outside back Rachel Quon and sophomore forward Chioma Ubogagu.

Freshmen Laura Liedle and Maya Theuer were both named to the All-Freshman team.

Ratcliffe led Stanford to its fourth consecutive Pac-12 championship and has guided the Cardinal to 42 consecutive conference victories–the third-longest conference win streak in NCAA Division I history–ahead of Friday’s matchup against Idaho State in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament.

–Miles Bennett-Smith

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com