RT @StanfordFH: What a comeback by the Card! After going down 2-0, Stanford rallies for 3 unanswered goals to get the W! #GoStanford: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB sweeps Minnesota to cap off a 2-0 opening weekend. Big tests next week vs. current No. 1 PSU and No. 8 Ill. at State College: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford block coming up big today: 5 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd set so far. Card up 19-17 in the second set, up 1-0 in the match.: 17 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Brief: Stanford makes mark with Pac-12 awards, Ratcliffe wins Coach of the Year

The Pac-12 women’s soccer awards were announced on Wednesday, and as expected, the top-ranked Cardinal were well represented. Five players were named to the all-Pac-12 first team, and two each were named to the all-Pac-12 honorable mention and the Pac-12 All-Freshman team.

Senior Mariah Nogueria (21) was one of five Stanford players named to the All-Pac-12 First Team. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

While Stanford failed to secure the Pac-12 Player of the Year award for the first time since 2008, Paul Ratcliffe was named Pac-12 Coach of the Year for the fifth consecutive season.

Senior tri-captains Alina Garciamendez, Mariah Nogueira and Rachel Quon led the Cardinal’s first team selections. Junior goalie Emily Oliver and sophomore forward Chioma Ubogagu were also honored, as well as redshirt junior Courtney Verloo and sophomores Lo’eau LaBonta and Emily Oliver, senior outside back Rachel Quon and sophomore forward Chioma Ubogagu.

Freshmen Laura Liedle and Maya Theuer were both named to the All-Freshman team.

Ratcliffe led Stanford to its fourth consecutive Pac-12 championship and has guided the Cardinal to 42 consecutive conference victories–the third-longest conference win streak in NCAA Division I history–ahead of Friday’s matchup against Idaho State in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament.

–Miles Bennett-Smith

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com