79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Brief: Stanford makes mark with Pac-12 awards, Ratcliffe wins Coach of the Year

The Pac-12 women’s soccer awards were announced on Wednesday, and as expected, the top-ranked Cardinal were well represented. Five players were named to the all-Pac-12 first team, and two each were named to the all-Pac-12 honorable mention and the Pac-12 All-Freshman team.

Senior Mariah Nogueria (21) was one of five Stanford players named to the All-Pac-12 First Team. (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily)

While Stanford failed to secure the Pac-12 Player of the Year award for the first time since 2008, Paul Ratcliffe was named Pac-12 Coach of the Year for the fifth consecutive season.

Senior tri-captains Alina Garciamendez, Mariah Nogueira and Rachel Quon led the Cardinal’s first team selections. Junior goalie Emily Oliver and sophomore forward Chioma Ubogagu were also honored, as well as redshirt junior Courtney Verloo and sophomores Lo’eau LaBonta and Emily Oliver, senior outside back Rachel Quon and sophomore forward Chioma Ubogagu.

Freshmen Laura Liedle and Maya Theuer were both named to the All-Freshman team.

Ratcliffe led Stanford to its fourth consecutive Pac-12 championship and has guided the Cardinal to 42 consecutive conference victories–the third-longest conference win streak in NCAA Division I history–ahead of Friday’s matchup against Idaho State in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament.

–Miles Bennett-Smith

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com