RT @stanfordbball: That's the ballgame. Oregon takes it 73-70 after the inbounds pass falls short, is turned over.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @stanfordbball: Another Cardinal senior coming up in the clutch. Nastic knocks down two free throws and we're even at 70. Under a minute…: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @stanfordbball: Momentum has completely swung in the Cardinal's favor and Maples is rocking. Loudest it's been all year. 66-63 Stanford,…: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @stanfordbball: Stanford up 16-13 with 11:25 left in the first half. @bigmikehump3 leads all players with 7 points. D has forced 3 TO's,…: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: Doyle leads 1-0 in the third, Kostas leads 3-1 in the third- Stanford needs both matches to win. 3-2 Cal.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Keep an eye on @StanfordWTennis: down 3-1 to Cal, need to go 3-0 in remaining matches. Would be a huge comeback, but they're on their way: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: Kostas up 1-0 in the third, Doyle, up a set, entering tiebreak in the second, Zhao leads 6-5 in the third. Cal leads o…: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEF: Cardinal takes singles, doubles titles at ITA Regional Championship

The Stanford women’s tennis team won both the singles and doubles draw at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Northwest Regional Championships, which took place at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium, on Tuesday.

Freshman Krista Hardebeck, who entered the tournament as the fifth seed, claimed the singles title by defeating No. 4 Annett Schutting of Cal 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4). Losing only two sets throughout the entire tournament, Hardebeck is now 11-1 on the season.

The Cardinal duo of senior Stacey Tan and sophomore Ellen Tsay defended their doubles title from last season by taking down Cal’s double team Tayler Davis and Annie Goransson 8-4. Tan and Tsay dominated the field, giving up four games or less in the five matches that they played in.

In the process, Hardebeck earned an automatic berth to the singles draw of the ITA National Intercollegiate Indoor Championships in Flushing Meadows, N.Y. from Nov. 8 -11 while Tan and Tsay also qualified for the doubles draw of the same tournament.

About George Chen

George Chen is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily who writes football, football and more football. Previously he worked at The Daily as the President and Editor in Chief, Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a senior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email at gchen15@stanford.edu.