RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tyler Gaffney's path: minor-league baseball->1,700-yard 2013->NFL Draft->season-ending injury->waiver wire pickup while hurt. All in 2 yrs.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AdamSchefter: Patriots claimed former Panthers rookie RB Tyler Gaffney on waivers today after Carolina tried to sneak him through waive…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

SPORTS BRIEF: Cardinal takes singles, doubles titles at ITA Regional Championship

The Stanford women’s tennis team won both the singles and doubles draw at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Northwest Regional Championships, which took place at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium, on Tuesday.

Freshman Krista Hardebeck, who entered the tournament as the fifth seed, claimed the singles title by defeating No. 4 Annett Schutting of Cal 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(4). Losing only two sets throughout the entire tournament, Hardebeck is now 11-1 on the season.

The Cardinal duo of senior Stacey Tan and sophomore Ellen Tsay defended their doubles title from last season by taking down Cal’s double team Tayler Davis and Annie Goransson 8-4. Tan and Tsay dominated the field, giving up four games or less in the five matches that they played in.

In the process, Hardebeck earned an automatic berth to the singles draw of the ITA National Intercollegiate Indoor Championships in Flushing Meadows, N.Y. from Nov. 8 -11 while Tan and Tsay also qualified for the doubles draw of the same tournament.

About George Chen

George Chen is the President and Editor in Chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he worked at The Daily as the Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a junior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.