RT @wilnerhotline: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery questionable for opener vs UC Davis b/c arm injury. Per HC David Shaw: "It will be close for U…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Brief: Batteer named men’s soccer Pac-12 Player of the Week

After scoring twice to lead the Stanford men’s soccer team to victory against cross-bay rival California last Thursday, sophomore forward Zach Batteer was named Pac-12 Player of the Week yesterday.

The USA U18 National Team member and Pittsburgh, Penn., native scored just one goal in his first season on the Farm, but bumped this year’s tally up to three. Batteer also hit the back of the net in the Card’s win over San Diego State two weekends ago.

His goals on both sides of halftime against Berkeley extended the Cardinal’s winning streak over the Bears to the last three games, and gave Stanford plenty of confidence with two straight conference victories before heading out on the road this weekend to face Oregon State on Friday and Washington on Sunday.

-Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.