RT @StanfordFball: Stanford ranks No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (4.3 ppg), total defense (204.3 ypg) and passing defense (66.0 ypg…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 35, Army 0. Final.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looks like Stanford will preserve the shutout.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan connects with Montgomery for a 32-yard TD pass with 6:09 left: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery was down on the ground for a bit longer than normal. Looks like he's okay though.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tarpley doing what he's best at: pass coverage: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great block by Johnny Caspers on the TD run.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery gets into the end zone out of the Wildcat. Stanford up 28-0 with 11:35 left in the game.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will take over at the Army 35.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Brief: Batteer named men’s soccer Pac-12 Player of the Week

After scoring twice to lead the Stanford men’s soccer team to victory against cross-bay rival California last Thursday, sophomore forward Zach Batteer was named Pac-12 Player of the Week yesterday.

The USA U18 National Team member and Pittsburgh, Penn., native scored just one goal in his first season on the Farm, but bumped this year’s tally up to three. Batteer also hit the back of the net in the Card’s win over San Diego State two weekends ago.

His goals on both sides of halftime against Berkeley extended the Cardinal’s winning streak over the Bears to the last three games, and gave Stanford plenty of confidence with two straight conference victories before heading out on the road this weekend to face Oregon State on Friday and Washington on Sunday.

-Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.