The 33-yard field goal attempt is good for Williamson, and he gets a pretty rousing cheer form the crowd. Stanford up 38-7.: 7 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan now at 277 yards passing on 18-of-26 completions. That's a pretty good bounceback day.: 9 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Oh, right, and the offense is also winning 338-116 in yardage.: 16 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
End of the third quarter. Stanford up 35-7, and the defense has showed zero signs of giving anything up.: 16 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford front seven really flexing its muscles with 5 sacks already, with 2.5 from big, bad Blake Martinez: 18 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lueders... Martinez... Think it's safe to say that Mannion won't be naming his future son Blake: 18 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Blake Lueders and Alex Carter aren't messing around today: 19 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Pat Skov is all about those big special-teams hits...: 21 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Alex Carter putting in work one-on-one on back-to-back plays to ensure that even with a short field, OSU doesn't get points.: 25 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's the 4th-and-inches end zone fade that we were all expecting from OSU, right?: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Brief: Batteer named men’s soccer Pac-12 Player of the Week

After scoring twice to lead the Stanford men’s soccer team to victory against cross-bay rival California last Thursday, sophomore forward Zach Batteer was named Pac-12 Player of the Week yesterday.

The USA U18 National Team member and Pittsburgh, Penn., native scored just one goal in his first season on the Farm, but bumped this year’s tally up to three. Batteer also hit the back of the net in the Card’s win over San Diego State two weekends ago.

His goals on both sides of halftime against Berkeley extended the Cardinal’s winning streak over the Bears to the last three games, and gave Stanford plenty of confidence with two straight conference victories before heading out on the road this weekend to face Oregon State on Friday and Washington on Sunday.

-Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger