RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Brief: Batteer named men’s soccer Pac-12 Player of the Week

After scoring twice to lead the Stanford men’s soccer team to victory against cross-bay rival California last Thursday, sophomore forward Zach Batteer was named Pac-12 Player of the Week yesterday.

The USA U18 National Team member and Pittsburgh, Penn., native scored just one goal in his first season on the Farm, but bumped this year’s tally up to three. Batteer also hit the back of the net in the Card’s win over San Diego State two weekends ago.

His goals on both sides of halftime against Berkeley extended the Cardinal’s winning streak over the Bears to the last three games, and gave Stanford plenty of confidence with two straight conference victories before heading out on the road this weekend to face Oregon State on Friday and Washington on Sunday.

-Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.