Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Sports Brief: Batteer named men’s soccer Pac-12 Player of the Week

After scoring twice to lead the Stanford men’s soccer team to victory against cross-bay rival California last Thursday, sophomore forward Zach Batteer was named Pac-12 Player of the Week yesterday.

The USA U18 National Team member and Pittsburgh, Penn., native scored just one goal in his first season on the Farm, but bumped this year’s tally up to three. Batteer also hit the back of the net in the Card’s win over San Diego State two weekends ago.

His goals on both sides of halftime against Berkeley extended the Cardinal’s winning streak over the Bears to the last three games, and gave Stanford plenty of confidence with two straight conference victories before heading out on the road this weekend to face Oregon State on Friday and Washington on Sunday.

Tom Taylor

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.