RT @StanfordSports: Our recap of Stanford's 45-0 win. Key takeways: McCaffrey has a bright future and the O-line still needs to gel http://…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily

BRIEF: Law School plans 2013-14 renovation of Crown quadrangle

The third and final phase of the Stanford Law Schoolimprovement project will be a renovation of the Crown quadrangle and library, to be tentatively completed in the spring of 2014. The renovation is expected to cost $22 million. To date $13 million of that has already been raised, with a substantial portion coming from the quadrangle’s eponymous Crown family.

(IAN GARCIA-DOTY/The Stanford Daily)

The renovation will include the repurposing of Robert Crown Law Library’s third floor into the proposed Institute for Law and Public Policy.

The institute, slated to be 30,000 square feet, will provide a platform for law students, graduate students and other members of the Stanford academic community to engage with work at the intersection of law and public policy, according to Stanford Law School Media Liaison Judith Romero.

Romero wrote in an email to The Daily that the Institute will aim to “expose Stanford students to this important work at the intersection of law and policy and provide them with training to understand how to anticipate and resolve public policy issues for their clients.”

The first phase of the project was the completion of the adjacent Munger Graduate Residences, and constructing the William H. Neukom Building was phase two.