@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bernard Muir named new athletic director

Bernard Muir, the current athletic director for the University of Delaware, has been named as Stanford’s new Jaquish & Kenninger director of athletics, officially announced by Provost John Etchemendy today.

He was selected through an extensive process that was overseen by Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy chair in the Stanford School of Humanities and Sciences, as well as Jeff Wachtel, senior assistant to President John Hennessy.

Prior to serving as Delaware’s athletic director for the past three years, Muir was head of Georgetown’s athletic department from 2005 to 2009. His previous experiences also encompass athletic administrative duties at a number of universities that include Notre Dame, Butler and Auburn.

Muir was also chosen to be a member on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball selection committee early in February.

Officially starting his work in September, Muir will replace Bob Bowlsby, who left in May to become the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference. Patrick Dunkley, meanwhile, has been serving as the interim athletic director.

- Molly Vorwerck and George Chen