Parry knew he wasn't going to play all week and he acted as an extra coach and mentor to Phillips as the week progressed.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says it's good to see explosive TD strikes again because "that's the kind of players we've got.": 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
As coaches, the staff was looking to make the game as simple and fun as possible for offense. "Streamlining" was a word that was used: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw attributes the sacks to great coverage forcing Mannion to not get the ball off more than anything else.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Point blank: what we had been doing wasn't good enough." Shaw about the offense: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says that the world was never crashing down for the team inside the locker room. Never felt that way.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Washington State was close, but for the first time offensively, it felt like us." - Shaw: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 38, Oregon State 14. Final.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Eddie Plantaric in at fullback! Can't remember that happening in the recent past: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bernard Muir named new athletic director

Bernard Muir, the current athletic director for the University of Delaware, has been named as Stanford’s new Jaquish & Kenninger director of athletics, officially announced by Provost John Etchemendy today.

He was selected through an extensive process that was overseen by Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy chair in the Stanford School of Humanities and Sciences, as well as Jeff Wachtel, senior assistant to President John Hennessy.

Prior to serving as Delaware’s athletic director for the past three years, Muir was head of Georgetown’s athletic department from 2005 to 2009. His previous experiences also encompass athletic administrative duties at a number of universities that include Notre Dame, Butler and Auburn.

Muir was also chosen to be a member on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball selection committee early in February.

Officially starting his work in September, Muir will replace Bob Bowlsby, who left in May to become the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference. Patrick Dunkley, meanwhile, has been serving as the interim athletic director.

- Molly Vorwerck and George Chen

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger