RT @DavidMLombardi: The news out of Stanford presser: LBs Hemschoot, Palma out. Noor Davis expanded depth role vs USC. Lil concerning given…: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Zach Hoffpauir will start at safety opposite Jordan Richards this Saturday for Stanford.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to 13th in the AP poll.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The Card is now the second-highest Pac-12 team in the Coaches Poll -- UCLA slipped to 11 after its close win against Virginia.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford No. 10 in this week's Coaches Poll.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bernard Muir named new athletic director

Bernard Muir, the current athletic director for the University of Delaware, has been named as Stanford’s new Jaquish & Kenninger director of athletics, officially announced by Provost John Etchemendy today.

He was selected through an extensive process that was overseen by Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy chair in the Stanford School of Humanities and Sciences, as well as Jeff Wachtel, senior assistant to President John Hennessy.

Prior to serving as Delaware’s athletic director for the past three years, Muir was head of Georgetown’s athletic department from 2005 to 2009. His previous experiences also encompass athletic administrative duties at a number of universities that include Notre Dame, Butler and Auburn.

Muir was also chosen to be a member on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball selection committee early in February.

Officially starting his work in September, Muir will replace Bob Bowlsby, who left in May to become the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference. Patrick Dunkley, meanwhile, has been serving as the interim athletic director.

- Molly Vorwerck and George Chen