RT @StanfordRivals: Off the top of my head, this was the best performance by a Stanford quarterback since Andrew Luck in the Fiesta Bowl ag…: 10 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 31, UCLA 10. Final.: 15 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The Rose Bowl empties in earnest.: 31 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford leads in yardage 416-179.: 48 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
UCLA is effectively done - 21 points in 10:40 against this Stanford defense is probably too much for any non-Oregon offense in the country.: 48 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Williamson money from 34. Stanford stretches the lead to 31-10.: 49 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@paloaltobeast or 11 weeks late, depending on your point of view: 50 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Correction: Stanford has successfully gone for the jugular.: 51 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan. Deep bomb. Owusu. Gain of 43. Today, it's that easy. Stanford going for the jugular.: 52 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona fans: Are you not entertained?!?: 53 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bernard Muir named new athletic director

Bernard Muir, the current athletic director for the University of Delaware, has been named as Stanford’s new Jaquish & Kenninger director of athletics, officially announced by Provost John Etchemendy today.

He was selected through an extensive process that was overseen by Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy chair in the Stanford School of Humanities and Sciences, as well as Jeff Wachtel, senior assistant to President John Hennessy.

Prior to serving as Delaware’s athletic director for the past three years, Muir was head of Georgetown’s athletic department from 2005 to 2009. His previous experiences also encompass athletic administrative duties at a number of universities that include Notre Dame, Butler and Auburn.

Muir was also chosen to be a member on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball selection committee early in February.

Officially starting his work in September, Muir will replace Bob Bowlsby, who left in May to become the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference. Patrick Dunkley, meanwhile, has been serving as the interim athletic director.

- Molly Vorwerck and George Chen