RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bernard Muir named new athletic director

Bernard Muir, the current athletic director for the University of Delaware, has been named as Stanford’s new Jaquish & Kenninger director of athletics, officially announced by Provost John Etchemendy today.

He was selected through an extensive process that was overseen by Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy chair in the Stanford School of Humanities and Sciences, as well as Jeff Wachtel, senior assistant to President John Hennessy.

Prior to serving as Delaware’s athletic director for the past three years, Muir was head of Georgetown’s athletic department from 2005 to 2009. His previous experiences also encompass athletic administrative duties at a number of universities that include Notre Dame, Butler and Auburn.

Muir was also chosen to be a member on the NCAA Division I men’s basketball selection committee early in February.

Officially starting his work in September, Muir will replace Bob Bowlsby, who left in May to become the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference. Patrick Dunkley, meanwhile, has been serving as the interim athletic director.

- Molly Vorwerck and George Chen

Advertisment ad adsense adlogger