ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: This just feels like another one of those five-set marathon matches. Par for the course between these two teams.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Patrick Dunkley named Interim Athletic Director

On Thursday, Deputy Director of Athletics Patrick Dunkley was named interim athletic director to fill the void left by Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby, who will leave the Farm to take over as commissioner of the Big 12 Conference on June 15.

Dunkley, who was appointed to the position by Provost John Etchemendy, has been with the Cardinal athletic department since the spring of 2011. Prior to his time in the athletic department, Dunkley spent almost a decade with Stanford’s Office of the General Counsel. In his time on the Farm, Dunkley has overseen human resources, NCAA, Pac-12 and institutional compliance, as well as other legal matters.

Dunkley, a graduate of San Jose State University and Santa Clara University School of Law, spent more than a decade with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, an international law firm, and Charles Schwab, the American brokerage and banking company, before his time at Stanford.

In addition to hiring Dunkley to oversee the athletic department in Bowlsby’s absence, Etchemendy also appointed two co-chairs to assist in the search for the new athletic director: Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy Chair in the School of Humanities and Sciences, and Jeff Wachtel, the senior assistant to the president.

The university expects to find a full-time replacement for Bowlsby by September.

-Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.