RT @StanfordFball: Stanford ranks No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (4.3 ppg), total defense (204.3 ypg) and passing defense (66.0 ypg…: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 35, Army 0. Final.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looks like Stanford will preserve the shutout.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan connects with Montgomery for a 32-yard TD pass with 6:09 left: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery was down on the ground for a bit longer than normal. Looks like he's okay though.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tarpley doing what he's best at: pass coverage: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great block by Johnny Caspers on the TD run.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery gets into the end zone out of the Wildcat. Stanford up 28-0 with 11:35 left in the game.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will take over at the Army 35.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Patrick Dunkley named Interim Athletic Director

On Thursday, Deputy Director of Athletics Patrick Dunkley was named interim athletic director to fill the void left by Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby, who will leave the Farm to take over as commissioner of the Big 12 Conference on June 15.

Dunkley, who was appointed to the position by Provost John Etchemendy, has been with the Cardinal athletic department since the spring of 2011. Prior to his time in the athletic department, Dunkley spent almost a decade with Stanford’s Office of the General Counsel. In his time on the Farm, Dunkley has overseen human resources, NCAA, Pac-12 and institutional compliance, as well as other legal matters.

Dunkley, a graduate of San Jose State University and Santa Clara University School of Law, spent more than a decade with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, an international law firm, and Charles Schwab, the American brokerage and banking company, before his time at Stanford.

In addition to hiring Dunkley to oversee the athletic department in Bowlsby’s absence, Etchemendy also appointed two co-chairs to assist in the search for the new athletic director: Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy Chair in the School of Humanities and Sciences, and Jeff Wachtel, the senior assistant to the president.

The university expects to find a full-time replacement for Bowlsby by September.

-Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.