RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @UWVolleyball 3, @StanfordWVB 1 (25-18, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20). Card drops first match of the year, falling to 28-1, …: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Patrick Dunkley named Interim Athletic Director

On Thursday, Deputy Director of Athletics Patrick Dunkley was named interim athletic director to fill the void left by Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby, who will leave the Farm to take over as commissioner of the Big 12 Conference on June 15.

Dunkley, who was appointed to the position by Provost John Etchemendy, has been with the Cardinal athletic department since the spring of 2011. Prior to his time in the athletic department, Dunkley spent almost a decade with Stanford’s Office of the General Counsel. In his time on the Farm, Dunkley has overseen human resources, NCAA, Pac-12 and institutional compliance, as well as other legal matters.

Dunkley, a graduate of San Jose State University and Santa Clara University School of Law, spent more than a decade with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, an international law firm, and Charles Schwab, the American brokerage and banking company, before his time at Stanford.

In addition to hiring Dunkley to oversee the athletic department in Bowlsby’s absence, Etchemendy also appointed two co-chairs to assist in the search for the new athletic director: Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy Chair in the School of Humanities and Sciences, and Jeff Wachtel, the senior assistant to the president.

The university expects to find a full-time replacement for Bowlsby by September.

-Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.