RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tyler Gaffney's path: minor-league baseball->1,700-yard 2013->NFL Draft->season-ending injury->waiver wire pickup while hurt. All in 2 yrs.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AdamSchefter: Patriots claimed former Panthers rookie RB Tyler Gaffney on waivers today after Carolina tried to sneak him through waive…: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AndyLucksBeard: I hear Marcus Mariota is taking golf & yoga this quarter. My senior year was more demanding, and I'm just a beard. #go…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Tough blow for former Stanford football/baseball star Tyler Gaffney w/ season-ending knee injury (via @SteveReedAP) http:/…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Patrick Dunkley named Interim Athletic Director

On Thursday, Deputy Director of Athletics Patrick Dunkley was named interim athletic director to fill the void left by Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby, who will leave the Farm to take over as commissioner of the Big 12 Conference on June 15.

Dunkley, who was appointed to the position by Provost John Etchemendy, has been with the Cardinal athletic department since the spring of 2011. Prior to his time in the athletic department, Dunkley spent almost a decade with Stanford’s Office of the General Counsel. In his time on the Farm, Dunkley has overseen human resources, NCAA, Pac-12 and institutional compliance, as well as other legal matters.

Dunkley, a graduate of San Jose State University and Santa Clara University School of Law, spent more than a decade with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, an international law firm, and Charles Schwab, the American brokerage and banking company, before his time at Stanford.

In addition to hiring Dunkley to oversee the athletic department in Bowlsby’s absence, Etchemendy also appointed two co-chairs to assist in the search for the new athletic director: Robert Simoni, the Donald Kennedy Chair in the School of Humanities and Sciences, and Jeff Wachtel, the senior assistant to the president.

The university expects to find a full-time replacement for Bowlsby by September.

-Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.