Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Track & Field: Cardinal athletes put up strong showing at Stanford invitational

Stanford track and field put together an impressive performance at this weekend’s Stanford Invitational, which brought thousands of top high school, college and pro athletes to the Farm.

Sophomore Kori Carter, center, had a great Sunday at the Stanford Invitational, winning the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 13.19 and also helping the Cardinal contingent win the 4x100-meter relay. (MADELINE SIDES/The Stanford Daily)

Senior Chris Derrick won his heat in the 1,500 meters, setting a personal best of 3:41:17 and defeating rival Lawi Lelang, an Arizona runner that has edged Derrick three times this season at NCAA events. Also winning heats on Saturday were sophomore Kori Carter, who earned the top seed in the Sunday final with a 13.19 in the 100-meter hurdles, and redshirt senior Shataya Hendricks, who ran an 11.58 in the 100-meter dash.

Carter and Hendricks went on to win the 4×100-meter relay on Sunday with Cardinal teammates sophomore Katie Nelms and junior Carissa Levingston. Their 44.56 time was the seventh-best in Stanford history. Later, Levingston and Hendricks finished second and third, respectively, in the open 200 meters. The women’s 4×400 relay team, meanwhile, finished second to Arizona in its best race of the season.

The Stanford men’s 4×100 team of junior Spencer Chase, freshman Darian Brooks, sophomore Colin Hepburn and senior Amaechi Morton also won its Sunday race, beating American River in a photo finish with a time of 40.75. Morton placed third in the 110-meter hurdles with a 14.33 mark.

Cardinal pole vaulters finished in the top 10 as well, with senior Katerina Stefanidi placing second on the women’s side with a mark of 13-7.25 and redshirt senior Corey Dysick placing ninth for the men with his 16-2.75 jump.

—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.