Stanford will play No. 1 Wake Forest (16-2-2) at Wake Forest next weekend.: 1 hour ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That's it folks. Stanford gets the 3-1 win off some beautiful goals from Morris (2) and Baird. On to the quarterfinals.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
GOAL STANFORD. Corey Baird puts the game out of reach. Stanford up two with just over 2 minutes to play.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
OSU shot goes wide. Less than 4 to play.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Andrew Epstein has had to be very active tonight. 6 saves so far, ties his season high from 10/18 vs. SDSU.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Things getting physical here at Cagan. Less than 10 to play, Buckeyes fighting to equalize things once more.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
JORDAN. MORRIS. AGAIN. Gorgeous goal to put Stanford back up, 2-1. His 10th of the season, 2nd of the night.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Sam Werner with a great look that goes just wide. Less than 15 to play in regulation.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Both teams trading opportunities here at Cagan, though Stanford still has 7-4 shot, 2-0 corner advantage in second half.: 2 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Track & Field: Cardinal athletes put up strong showing at Stanford invitational

Stanford track and field put together an impressive performance at this weekend’s Stanford Invitational, which brought thousands of top high school, college and pro athletes to the Farm.

Sophomore Kori Carter, center, had a great Sunday at the Stanford Invitational, winning the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 13.19 and also helping the Cardinal contingent win the 4x100-meter relay. (MADELINE SIDES/The Stanford Daily)

Senior Chris Derrick won his heat in the 1,500 meters, setting a personal best of 3:41:17 and defeating rival Lawi Lelang, an Arizona runner that has edged Derrick three times this season at NCAA events. Also winning heats on Saturday were sophomore Kori Carter, who earned the top seed in the Sunday final with a 13.19 in the 100-meter hurdles, and redshirt senior Shataya Hendricks, who ran an 11.58 in the 100-meter dash.

Carter and Hendricks went on to win the 4×100-meter relay on Sunday with Cardinal teammates sophomore Katie Nelms and junior Carissa Levingston. Their 44.56 time was the seventh-best in Stanford history. Later, Levingston and Hendricks finished second and third, respectively, in the open 200 meters. The women’s 4×400 relay team, meanwhile, finished second to Arizona in its best race of the season.

The Stanford men’s 4×100 team of junior Spencer Chase, freshman Darian Brooks, sophomore Colin Hepburn and senior Amaechi Morton also won its Sunday race, beating American River in a photo finish with a time of 40.75. Morton placed third in the 110-meter hurdles with a 14.33 mark.

Cardinal pole vaulters finished in the top 10 as well, with senior Katerina Stefanidi placing second on the women’s side with a mark of 13-7.25 and redshirt senior Corey Dysick placing ninth for the men with his 16-2.75 jump.

—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.