Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: Spring Game returns to San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium

For the third year in a row, the Stanford football team will take its annual Cardinal and White Spring Game on the road to the city by the bay.

On Saturday, April 14, the Cardinal will wrap up its spring practice schedule with a contest at San Francisco’s historic Kezar Stadium.

Last season, the Andrew Luck-led Cardinal squad blew out the White team 42-3 in front of over 6,000 fans, but this year’s contest should be compelling for entirely different reasons–like finding out which quarterback is most likely to replace Luck as the starter.

The competition for Luck’s spot, as well as 10 other starting spots on both sides of the ball, will conclude at Kezar after the Cardinal’s spring practices. Stanford will split its workouts into two sessions, with the first seven workouts beginning February 27 and ending March 10. The Cardinal will resume workouts after finals and spring break on April 2 and wrap up the spring on April 14 in San Francisco.

–Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.