Shaw says front seven making up for lack of size with plenty of speed and quickness. Specific praise for Alfieri and Scarlett.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw: "Everybody in our conference can beat everybody in our conference. It's the Wild West every single week.": 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
On Hogan: "if he gets that ankle healthy, he once again becomes a dual threat in the pocket." Makes the bye week more important.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: Shaw: "We need this bye." Doesn't think a bye week will slow down the team's roll.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw individually praised McCaffrey, Sanders, Love and Wright. Clearly very pleased with his backfield.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw on Hogan: "He's playing the best football of his career.": 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Well that's just about it folks. Stanford improves to 4-1, 3-0 in Pac-12. Your final score from Stanford Stadium: Stanford 55 - Arizona 17.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Chryst has Risen. The sophomore QB to Stallworth, the first TD for both of them. Stanford breaks into the 50s, 4:03 to play.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Career-high for receptions in a game for Irwin, who has four tonight. Stanford driving, at Zona 18.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: Spring Game returns to San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium

For the third year in a row, the Stanford football team will take its annual Cardinal and White Spring Game on the road to the city by the bay.

On Saturday, April 14, the Cardinal will wrap up its spring practice schedule with a contest at San Francisco’s historic Kezar Stadium.

Last season, the Andrew Luck-led Cardinal squad blew out the White team 42-3 in front of over 6,000 fans, but this year’s contest should be compelling for entirely different reasons–like finding out which quarterback is most likely to replace Luck as the starter.

The competition for Luck’s spot, as well as 10 other starting spots on both sides of the ball, will conclude at Kezar after the Cardinal’s spring practices. Stanford will split its workouts into two sessions, with the first seven workouts beginning February 27 and ending March 10. The Cardinal will resume workouts after finals and spring break on April 2 and wrap up the spring on April 14 in San Francisco.

–Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.