RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football: Spring Game returns to San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium

For the third year in a row, the Stanford football team will take its annual Cardinal and White Spring Game on the road to the city by the bay.

On Saturday, April 14, the Cardinal will wrap up its spring practice schedule with a contest at San Francisco’s historic Kezar Stadium.

Last season, the Andrew Luck-led Cardinal squad blew out the White team 42-3 in front of over 6,000 fans, but this year’s contest should be compelling for entirely different reasons–like finding out which quarterback is most likely to replace Luck as the starter.

The competition for Luck’s spot, as well as 10 other starting spots on both sides of the ball, will conclude at Kezar after the Cardinal’s spring practices. Stanford will split its workouts into two sessions, with the first seven workouts beginning February 27 and ending March 10. The Cardinal will resume workouts after finals and spring break on April 2 and wrap up the spring on April 14 in San Francisco.

–Jack Blanchat

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park or to jwallach 'at' stanford.edu to reach Jordan Wallach, keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.