Police blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 16 through Jan. 25, as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, Jan. 16

A purse was stolen from a vehicle parked at 1711 Stanford Ave. between 2:20 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. The car’s passenger side window was broken.

A bike that was both cable- and U-locked was stolen from outside of the Clark Center sometime between 4 p.m. on Dec. 15, 2011, and 5 p.m. on Jan. 16.

Tuesday, Jan. 17

A vehicle v. bike collision resulting in an injury occurred near the intersection of Santa Teresa Street and Stanford Ave. at approximately midnight.

A man was cited and released for driving on a suspended license at 6 a.m. near the intersection of Galvez Street and Nelson Road. His vehicle was subsequently towed.

An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of Florence Moore Hall between 3 p.m. on Jan. 13 and 9 a.m. on Jan. 17.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of the Bing wing of Green library between 10:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of Twain North in Stern Hall between 3:45 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of the Arrillaga Family Sports Center between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 18

Somebody was cited and released for driving unlicensed at 8 a.m. near the intersection of Campus Drive and Junipero Serra Road.

An unlocked bike was stolen outside of Lagunita Court between 1 p.m. and 1:07 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from outside the Arrillaga Family Sports Center between 11:50 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.

An unknown suspect stole the victim’s University ID card while she was attending a class in Zambrano Hall between 3:05 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.

A U-locked bike was stolen from outside the Lorry Lokey Chemical Biology building between 4 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 19

An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of Ricker Dining Hall between 9:55 a.m. and 10:55 a.m.

A chain-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of Herrin Biology Lab between 11 a.m. and 12:50 p.m.

A cable-locked bike was stolen from near 450 Serra Mall between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 20

Somebody pried open the top of a vehicle’s driver side door and stole a backpack containing the victim’s wallet, laptop, camera and other personal effects between 10 p.m. the previous night and 2 a.m. The vehicle was parked near the intersection of Escondido Road and Campus Drive.

An unknown suspect broke into a vehicle parked behind Florence Moore Hall between 6 p.m. the previous night and 6:45 a.m. and stole the auxiliary cord to an iPod.

Somebody broke into a vehicle parked near the intersection of Mayfield Ave. and Lomita Drive between 9 p.m. on Jan. 14 and 8:45 a.m. on the 20th, causing $2,000 worth of damage and stealing $70 worth of the victim’s possessions.

Saturday, Jan. 21

Somebody stole an unattended laptop and purse from a table at Kappa Sigma house while the victim was attending a party there between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

Sunday, Jan. 22

An unknown suspect attempted to look under the privacy doors in the showers on the second floor of Crothers Hall via an electronic device at approximately 2:30 p.m.

Monday, Jan. 23

An unknown suspect attempted to look under the privacy doors in the same Crothers Hall showers as the incident on Jan. 22 via an electronic device in the evening of Jan. 23.

Tuesday, Jan. 24

A U-locked bike was stolen from a rack outside of Meyer library between 12:45 p.m. on Jan. 18 and 11:30 a.m. on the 24th.

A man was cited and released for driving unlicensed at 3:30 p.m. near the intersection of Campus Drive West and Junipero Serra Road.

Wednesday, Jan. 25

Somebody was cited and released for driving on a suspended license at 12:05 a.m. near the intersection of Campus Drive and Serra Street.

A woman was cited and released for driving on a suspended license at 9:55 a.m. near 436 Mayfield Ave.

A bike that was both cable- and U-locked was stolen from a rack outside of the Terman Engineering Lab between 4 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.

Alice Phillips '15 is Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. Previously, she worked as the paper's Deputy Editor, Chief Copy Editor, a News Desk Editor and a News Staff Writer. Alice is a biology major from Los Angeles, California.