The 33-yard field goal attempt is good for Williamson, and he gets a pretty rousing cheer form the crowd. Stanford up 38-7.: 8 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan now at 277 yards passing on 18-of-26 completions. That's a pretty good bounceback day.: 10 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Oh, right, and the offense is also winning 338-116 in yardage.: 17 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
End of the third quarter. Stanford up 35-7, and the defense has showed zero signs of giving anything up.: 17 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford front seven really flexing its muscles with 5 sacks already, with 2.5 from big, bad Blake Martinez: 19 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lueders... Martinez... Think it's safe to say that Mannion won't be naming his future son Blake: 19 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Blake Lueders and Alex Carter aren't messing around today: 20 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Pat Skov is all about those big special-teams hits...: 22 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Alex Carter putting in work one-on-one on back-to-back plays to ensure that even with a short field, OSU doesn't get points.: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's the 4th-and-inches end zone fade that we were all expecting from OSU, right?: 27 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Swimming: Stanford has strong early showing at National Championships

Through two days at the 2011 ConocoPhillips U.S. National Championships, Stanford Swimming, a team of current and former Cardinal stars, is 16 points behind Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics for first place, while three Stanford swimmers have won events in the first two days of the meet.

Andi Murez (bottom) was a part of Stanford Swimming's fifth-place team in the 4X100-meter freestyle relay. (CHANEL ZHAN/The Stanford Daily)

Junior Bobby Bollier’s 1:56.64 in the 200-meter butterfly yesterday gave the Cardinal its only A Final win so far, as he edged out two other swimmers by less than 15 hundredths of a second. Two other Stanford swimmers have won freestyle events, with incoming freshman Drew Cosgarea’s win in the 400 C Final on Tuesday and senior Kate Dwelley’s victory in the 200 B Final on Wednesday.

Sophomore Maya DiRado finished high on the leaderboard in two events, placing third in the 200 IM and second in the 200 Free at the B level. Also performing well was alumna Elaine Breeden, who finished third in the 100 fly after winning the NCAA Championship in the event in 2010.

Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger