79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Swimming: Stanford has strong early showing at National Championships

Through two days at the 2011 ConocoPhillips U.S. National Championships, Stanford Swimming, a team of current and former Cardinal stars, is 16 points behind Tucson Ford Dealers Aquatics for first place, while three Stanford swimmers have won events in the first two days of the meet.

Andi Murez (bottom) was a part of Stanford Swimming's fifth-place team in the 4X100-meter freestyle relay. (CHANEL ZHAN/The Stanford Daily)

Junior Bobby Bollier’s 1:56.64 in the 200-meter butterfly yesterday gave the Cardinal its only A Final win so far, as he edged out two other swimmers by less than 15 hundredths of a second. Two other Stanford swimmers have won freestyle events, with incoming freshman Drew Cosgarea’s win in the 400 C Final on Tuesday and senior Kate Dwelley’s victory in the 200 B Final on Wednesday.

Sophomore Maya DiRado finished high on the leaderboard in two events, placing third in the 200 IM and second in the 200 Free at the B level. Also performing well was alumna Elaine Breeden, who finished third in the 100 fly after winning the NCAA Championship in the event in 2010.

Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.