RT @StanfordSports: Our recap of Stanford's 45-0 win. Key takeways: McCaffrey has a bright future and the O-line still needs to gel http://…: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @StanfordSports: And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 6 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Suspect "described as a white male adult, in his 30's, approx. 5' 7" and 140 lbs., fit build with short brown hair and wearing black shorts": 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
Alert: "A female adult reported that she was...struck from behind with an unknown object that she believed to be a stick.": 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
AlertSU system reporting a physical assault nearby Palm Drive and Campus Drive at 9:11 p.m.: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily

HP commits $25M to Lucile Packard

Hewlett Packard (HP) announced yesterday that it plans to contribute $25 million over 10 years for the expansion of Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH) and for cutting-edge treatments and technologies there. The additional funding will also foster collaboration between researchers at HP Labs and LPCH.

“Our partnership with HP has already succeeded in translating research discoveries into more effective clinical care, and we are thrilled to have their investment as we build new facilities to provide for future generations of children and expectant mothers,” said Christopher Dawes, LPCH president and CEO, in a press release.

In the same release, HP President and CEO Léo Apotheker emphasized the two parties’ dual objectives “to evolve patient care through innovation and help ensure that children and families continue to receive the most advanced and innovative care.”

In the past, investments from HP have funded studies of the environment in disease development, individualized cancer therapy and genome sequence at Lucile Packard.

— An Le Nguyen