RT @catzdong: Relevant: @Stanford_Daily op-ed by @CoryBooker published in 1992 shortly after the controversial Rodney King verdict http://t…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
Maya Krishnan '15 and Emily Witt '15 are 2015 Rhodes Scholars! That brings the @Stanford Rhodes count to 114.: 5 days ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: John Barton talks to the @Stanford_Daily about Stanford's future "trans-disciplinary" Architectural Design program. htt…: 6 days ago, The Stanford Daily

HP commits $25M to Lucile Packard

Hewlett Packard (HP) announced yesterday that it plans to contribute $25 million over 10 years for the expansion of Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH) and for cutting-edge treatments and technologies there. The additional funding will also foster collaboration between researchers at HP Labs and LPCH.

“Our partnership with HP has already succeeded in translating research discoveries into more effective clinical care, and we are thrilled to have their investment as we build new facilities to provide for future generations of children and expectant mothers,” said Christopher Dawes, LPCH president and CEO, in a press release.

In the same release, HP President and CEO Léo Apotheker emphasized the two parties’ dual objectives “to evolve patient care through innovation and help ensure that children and families continue to receive the most advanced and innovative care.”

In the past, investments from HP have funded studies of the environment in disease development, individualized cancer therapy and genome sequence at Lucile Packard.

— An Le Nguyen