Jake Bailey's punt sails out of bounds for a net of just 19 yards. Even special teams going wrong for Stanford early: 11 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
There's Bryce Love in the receiving game as @RJ_Abeytia called for but Burns overshoots him on the quick throw: 13 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
McCaffrey spins and reverses field but Sidney Jones does a nice job wrapping him up: 14 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
McCaffrey wiggles free for a gain of 13. Good sign for Stanford: 15 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Washington honoring their national championship women's golf team who just happened to beat Stanford in the final. Nice move.: 18 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Browning scrambles to buy a little time. Keeps his eyes downfield and finds Pettis for a 3yd Washington touchdown. PAT no good. 6-0 Huskies.: 20 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Browning finds Dante Pettis downfield for a huge gain down to the Stanford 7. Gain of 35: 22 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Can't leave John Ross alone: 23 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Browning immediately looks to exploit the McClatcher-Hoffpauir matchup in the slot: 25 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Bailey punts it away after the Huskies get to Burns again. That experienced UW secondary came to play: 25 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports

M. Tennis: Card stays perfect with victory over Fresno State

The Stanford men’s tennis team remained undefeated on Tuesday afternoon, defeating Fresno State—and the tricky weather conditions—at the Taube Tennis Stadium. The No. 8 Cardinal (7-0) was able to gut out a tightly fought victory over a feisty Bulldog team (4-4) and a stiff wind, prevailing by a score of 5-2.

Bradley Klahn, a junior and Stanford’s No. 1 player, rebounded well from his first singles loss of the 2011 season last weekend at Cal, helping to lead the Cardinal to victory on Tuesday. The reigning NCAA singles champion defeated the Fresno State senior from South Africa, Rikus de Villers, in three sets.

After his first loss at Cal over the weekend, Stanford's top player Bradley Klahn got back to his winning ways against Fresno State (IAN GARCIA-DOTY/The Stanford Daily).

With his normal doubles partner, junior Ryan Thacher, sitting out, Klahn also teamed up with freshman Jamin Ball to handily defeat the Philippines’s Francis Alcantara and France’s Jean-Charles Diame at No. 2 doubles, 8-2.

Cardinal sophomores Matt Kandath and Dennis Lin both had excellent days as well, each achieving victories in singles play and teaming up to win in doubles. Both of their singles matches went the full three sets. The matchup was competitive, with four of the singles matches going three sets.

This match took place at a very distinct point in the schedule for the Cardinal, falling directly after its contest against rival Cal and directly before the National Team Indoor Championships, which take place this weekend in Seattle, featuring 15 out of the 16 top-ranked teams in the country.

Klahn had a lot to say about the victory and where the Cardinal is in its season.

“It could have been a letdown for the team, what with playing Cal on Saturday and the National Indoor Tournament this coming weekend,” he said. “So I thought we really needed to come out and focus. Fresno State played a good match, they took four first sets from us, and we had to battle back all day. I think the confidence of our team really showed itself out there.”

Klahn also spoke briefly about Stanford’s big win over then-No. 18 Cal last Saturday, and how he felt—personally—after suffering his first defeat of the dual-match season against Cal’s No. 1 singles player, Pedro Zerbini.

“It felt good to get back on the court after Cal and my first loss of the season, which was tough, but you know, we still had a great team win, and that’s what’s most important,” he said.

After these last two wins, Stanford is in a nice position in the early part of its season, sitting at 7-0 and securely within the top 10 of the national rankings at No. 8.

The team’s mettle will be tested this coming weekend up in Seattle, starting on Friday afternoon when, in the round of 16, the Cardinal is set to battle the No. 11 Florida Gators.