Strong start for the Cardinal as they lead BC 3-0 at the half. Goals from Sullivan, Amack and Xiao.: 10 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Moments away from the start of @StanfordMSoccer's season in Santa Barbara. Big crowd on hand to watch.: 14 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: Rosen drills a free kick off the crossbar and Amack is there to head in the rebound. Stanford up 2-0. #GoStanford: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
From Maples to Laird Q. Cagan Stadium... @StanfordWSoccer goes up 1-0 off of PK from sophomore Andi Sullivan, her second goal of the season: 28 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB update: Cardinal take 2-0 set led over Texas A&M after winning both sets 25-19.: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Three freshmen in the starting lineup for @StanfordWVB: Benjamin, Hodson, Alade, Howard, Bugg, Burgess and Mckenna at libe…: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing headed to NCAA Championships

This weekend, the women’s crew team will begin competition at the NCAA Championships at the Sacramento State Aquatics Center in Gold River, Calif. The competition will take place on Saturday and Sunday.

Stanford, currently ranked sixth nationally, is looking to defend the national title it earned last year. The team last competed two weeks ago at the Pac-10 Championships, where it lost to current No. 1 California by half a point.

If the Card can successfully defend its title, it will earn Stanford’s 100th national championship. The title would bring Stanford closer to overtaking UCLA as the school with the most national championships in history. The Bruins have won 106 championships. Stanford currently leads the nation with 39 women’s team titles.

About Kabir Sawhney

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.