Stanford at 11th in the first coaches poll of the season.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Also, coach Shaw’s and Ty Montgomery’s comments today had a much more optimistic vibe re: Montgomery’s arm injury than …: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing headed to NCAA Championships

This weekend, the women’s crew team will begin competition at the NCAA Championships at the Sacramento State Aquatics Center in Gold River, Calif. The competition will take place on Saturday and Sunday.

Stanford, currently ranked sixth nationally, is looking to defend the national title it earned last year. The team last competed two weeks ago at the Pac-10 Championships, where it lost to current No. 1 California by half a point.

If the Card can successfully defend its title, it will earn Stanford’s 100th national championship. The title would bring Stanford closer to overtaking UCLA as the school with the most national championships in history. The Bruins have won 106 championships. Stanford currently leads the nation with 39 women’s team titles.

About Kabir Sawhney

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.