RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @UWVolleyball 3, @StanfordWVB 1 (25-18, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20). Card drops first match of the year, falling to 28-1, …: 52 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing headed to NCAA Championships

This weekend, the women’s crew team will begin competition at the NCAA Championships at the Sacramento State Aquatics Center in Gold River, Calif. The competition will take place on Saturday and Sunday.

Stanford, currently ranked sixth nationally, is looking to defend the national title it earned last year. The team last competed two weeks ago at the Pac-10 Championships, where it lost to current No. 1 California by half a point.

If the Card can successfully defend its title, it will earn Stanford’s 100th national championship. The title would bring Stanford closer to overtaking UCLA as the school with the most national championships in history. The Bruins have won 106 championships. Stanford currently leads the nation with 39 women’s team titles.

About Kabir Sawhney

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.