RT @StanfordFball: Stanford is ranked 11th in the preseason @AP_Top25 Poll. That is a school-record 65th consecutive ranking in the AP poll…: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Kyle Murphy also not participating today: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Young and Pratt no longer in boots but looks like they're being held out. Wright isn't dressed but is taking part in blocking drills: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing headed to NCAA Championships

This weekend, the women’s crew team will begin competition at the NCAA Championships at the Sacramento State Aquatics Center in Gold River, Calif. The competition will take place on Saturday and Sunday.

Stanford, currently ranked sixth nationally, is looking to defend the national title it earned last year. The team last competed two weeks ago at the Pac-10 Championships, where it lost to current No. 1 California by half a point.

If the Card can successfully defend its title, it will earn Stanford’s 100th national championship. The title would bring Stanford closer to overtaking UCLA as the school with the most national championships in history. The Bruins have won 106 championships. Stanford currently leads the nation with 39 women’s team titles.

About Kabir Sawhney

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.