RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Women’s rowing headed to NCAA Championships

This weekend, the women’s crew team will begin competition at the NCAA Championships at the Sacramento State Aquatics Center in Gold River, Calif. The competition will take place on Saturday and Sunday.

Stanford, currently ranked sixth nationally, is looking to defend the national title it earned last year. The team last competed two weeks ago at the Pac-10 Championships, where it lost to current No. 1 California by half a point.

If the Card can successfully defend its title, it will earn Stanford’s 100th national championship. The title would bring Stanford closer to overtaking UCLA as the school with the most national championships in history. The Bruins have won 106 championships. Stanford currently leads the nation with 39 women’s team titles.

About Kabir Sawhney

Kabir Sawhney is currently a desk editor for the News section. He served as the Managing Editor of Sports last volume.