RT @si_soccer: U.S. Soccer announces Aron Johannsson (toe infection) is out for Tuesday's game vs Switzerland. Jordan Morris up from U23s t…: 54 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Olympian Rachael Flatt joins Class of 2015

Stanford added an Olympian to its roster: Rachael Flatt, the reigning U.S. figure skating champion announced that she will join the Class of 2015 via Twitter on April 30. Flatt, who placed seventh in Vancouver’s 2010 Olympic Winter Games, plans to continue competing while in college.

According to Figure Skaters Online, Flatt was debating between Princeton and Stanford, but ultimately chose to take a year off and enter Stanford in fall of 2011. The 2012 U.S. Championships will be in nearby San Jose.

Flatt said she is considering biomechanical engineering, medical school or orthopedics.