Police blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents reported from April 1 to April 8 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical emergencies occurred during this period. Bike thefts occurred at the Arrillaga Family Sports Center, Roble Gymnasium, the Graduate School of Business, Escondido Road, Rains, Munger and Chi Theta Chi.

Thursday, April 1

Between 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. at Parking Structure 2, an unknown suspect smashed out the rear driver-side window of a car in a possible attempt to remove the GPS system. Nothing was taken.

At 10 p.m., a student was cited and released at Wilbur Hall for having open alcohol containers in his vehicle.

Friday, April 2

Six reports of burglary from vehicles were reported between April 1 at 5 p.m. and April 2 at 10 a.m. Six cars were broken into: three in Jerry, one at La Maison Francaise, one near the old chemistry building and one in Naranja. Two iPods, one camera, three GPS systems, a backpack, miscellaneous clothing and a suit were stolen.

An unknown suspect was reported to have been pulling plants up from the ground near Munger and moving them. The approximate replanting cost is $800.

At 2:53 a.m. at Florence Moore Hall, an arrestee was transported to the main jail and booked for burglary, possession of stolen property and resisting arrest.

Saturday, April 3

At 2:10 p.m. on Serra Mall, an injury bike-vs.-fixed-object collision occurred.

At 7:32 a.m. at Lagunita Drive and Lomita Drive, a student was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. The early bird, in this case, gets the M.I.P.

Between 12 p.m. and 8:50 p.m., an unknown suspect entered a victim’s unlocked vehicle at Crothers Way and stole a packet containing the vehicle’s registration information. The front license plate was also stolen.

At 11:32 p.m. at Mayfield Avenue and Campus Drive, a student was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Monday, April 5

Over the weekend, an unknown suspect stole office doorplates for multiple exterior doorframes from the History Corner, a crime classified as grand theft. Next time, Stanford might consider investing in cheaper doorplates.

Over the weekend, an unknown suspect stole an abstract artwork from the lobby wall on the ground floor of the Career Development Center.

Wednesday, April 7

At 8:14 a.m. at the office of the University President in the Quad, a student was cited and released for trespassing, resisting arrest and being in possession of a controlled substance.

Thursday, April 8

At 12:33 a.m. at Chi Theta Chi, a student was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 11:00 a.m., an injury bicycle-vs.-pedestrian accident occurred between White Plaza and the clock tower.

Ellen Huet is currently a senior staff writer at The Daily; she joined the staff in fall 2008 and served one volume as managing news editor in fall and early winter of 2010-2011. Reach her at ehuet at stanford dot edu. Fan mail and sternly worded complaints are equally welcome.