Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Rowing teams have mixed success in early season

While the Stanford women’s rowing teams have been successful in the early races of their seasons, the men’s rowing team has faced greater struggles.

The men were swept by No. 1 Washington in a regatta on Saturday in Redwood Shores, Calif. after being swept by No. 2 California the week before at the San Diego Crew Classic.

The women are ranked No. 3 in the nation as they begin their quest to repeat as national champions. At their first regatta of the spring, the Pac-10 Challenge in Redwood Shores, Stanford’s first eight won against Washington to finish the weekend undefeated. The other boats for Stanford fared moderately well against boats from Oregon State, Washington, Wisconsin, Cal and Iowa.

The women’s lightweight team secured its fourth consecutive A.W. Coggeshall Cup in San Diego when its “B” boat finished ahead of Tulsa and the Stanford “A” boat.

The men will be back in action on April 17 and 18 at the Stanford Invitational. The women will compete that same weekend at the Lake Natoma Invitational in Gold River, Calif. The lightweights will take on Princeton, Tulsa and Wisconsin this Saturday in Redwood Shores.