@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Rowing teams have mixed success in early season

While the Stanford women’s rowing teams have been successful in the early races of their seasons, the men’s rowing team has faced greater struggles.

The men were swept by No. 1 Washington in a regatta on Saturday in Redwood Shores, Calif. after being swept by No. 2 California the week before at the San Diego Crew Classic.

The women are ranked No. 3 in the nation as they begin their quest to repeat as national champions. At their first regatta of the spring, the Pac-10 Challenge in Redwood Shores, Stanford’s first eight won against Washington to finish the weekend undefeated. The other boats for Stanford fared moderately well against boats from Oregon State, Washington, Wisconsin, Cal and Iowa.

The women’s lightweight team secured its fourth consecutive A.W. Coggeshall Cup in San Diego when its “B” boat finished ahead of Tulsa and the Stanford “A” boat.

The men will be back in action on April 17 and 18 at the Stanford Invitational. The women will compete that same weekend at the Lake Natoma Invitational in Gold River, Calif. The lightweights will take on Princeton, Tulsa and Wisconsin this Saturday in Redwood Shores.