Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Vincent collides with heads with a UCI player: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris also back in: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Ty Thompson comes on for Austin Meyer: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
UCI look as though they may be content to try and play for penalties, no one even attempted to get on the end of the last cross: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

BRIEF: Rowing teams have mixed success in early season

While the Stanford women’s rowing teams have been successful in the early races of their seasons, the men’s rowing team has faced greater struggles.

The men were swept by No. 1 Washington in a regatta on Saturday in Redwood Shores, Calif. after being swept by No. 2 California the week before at the San Diego Crew Classic.

The women are ranked No. 3 in the nation as they begin their quest to repeat as national champions. At their first regatta of the spring, the Pac-10 Challenge in Redwood Shores, Stanford’s first eight won against Washington to finish the weekend undefeated. The other boats for Stanford fared moderately well against boats from Oregon State, Washington, Wisconsin, Cal and Iowa.

The women’s lightweight team secured its fourth consecutive A.W. Coggeshall Cup in San Diego when its “B” boat finished ahead of Tulsa and the Stanford “A” boat.

The men will be back in action on April 17 and 18 at the Stanford Invitational. The women will compete that same weekend at the Lake Natoma Invitational in Gold River, Calif. The lightweights will take on Princeton, Tulsa and Wisconsin this Saturday in Redwood Shores.