BRIEF: Free H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccines available today

Students seeking the H1N1 and seasonal influenza vaccinations can receive them for free today in Wilbur Hall’s Soto Lounge, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., sponsored by Vaden Health Center. Health officials are encouraging everyone to get both vaccinations.

In order to curb crowding and extended wait times, Vaden is also recommending that people with last names starting with the letters A through L arrive between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m., and those with last names beginning with M through Z arrive after 7:30 p.m., if possible.

The vaccination is available to students and their spouses and domestic partners. According to Vaden, the vaccines will be distributed “without regard to age or health risk status” — however, they are not available to faculty staff, or students’ children.  Students need to carry their Stanford ID, and spouses and domestic partners must accompany students with IDs as well.

Additional vaccination clinics will be held Tuesday, Jan. 19, and Monday, Jan. 25, both from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. More clinics will be scheduled as needed, with dates posted at flu.stanford.edu. Questions should be directed to vaden-feedback@stanford.edu.