RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @UWVolleyball 3, @StanfordWVB 1 (25-18, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20). Card drops first match of the year, falling to 28-1, …: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Luck injured; Pritchard to start Sun Bowl

Redshirt freshman quarterback Andrew Luck has had surgery on a hurt right finger and will not start in the Sun Bowl, The Daily learned Sunday. Luck will be replaced by senior Tavita Pritchard, who has made 19 starts in his Cardinal career but has attempted just three passes this season.

The announcement was made at the team’s annual awards banquet, where Luck won sophomore of the year honors and Pritchard was acknowledged for his leadership. Indeed, Pritchard has taken on a mentorship role this year for the younger Luck, who has had a stellar start to his collegiate career. Luck has thrown for 2,575 yards on the season and 13 touchdowns against only four interceptions. Perhaps most impressively, he is fourth in the nation in yards per attempt, arguably the most important and telling passing statistic.

But now, Pritchard will have a chance to ditch the headset and bookend his Stanford career another major win. His first start was against USC in 2007 in a game now known as the “Biggest Upset Ever.” In the Sun Bowl, his last game in a Stanford uniform, will try to lead the Cardinal to its first bowl victory since 1996.

The Athletics Department could not be reached for comment.

Check back at www.stanforddaily.com for more as this story continues to develop.

• wtf

I have no words…

• CardFan

Of course I never want a player to be injured, especially a phenomonal player like Luck, but I look forward to seeing Tavita out there. It’s fitting that the QB who was behind center in the Coliseum when Stanford marked its ascent back into college football greatness will be under center in his last game. Beat the Sooners!

• Peter

Please tell me this is your April Fools issue. If it is, this is the best one you’ve ever done. :)

• E.M.B.

In honesty we were going to have to throw a lot of new stuff at the Sooners regardless of who is at QB.  We’ve improved in so many areas since last year, not just at QB.  We’ve still got Pritchard and Loukas, both of them can throw and both can run it.  We’ll probably be running a lot of shotgun and I-formation to protect them a bit better, as long as we still have Marecic and Toby I like our chances.

• Ft Bliss flashbacks

Just keep our guys out of Juarez when they’re down there!

• Magic 8 Ball

‘The Athletics Department could not be reached for comment’. Why not?.

• Gerhart for Heisman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO