The following questions were answered by The Daily’s Vol. 259 Podcasts Managing Editor Lorenzo Del Rosario.
- What work does your section do? Our section brainstorms stories, conducts interviews, writes scripts, and narrates to produce podcasts on Spotify/Apple podcasts!
- What does joining your section entail? How much work does it look like per week? Within podcasts, you can take on several roles (writer, narrator, editor, interviewer) and work as frequently as you want. Some people like to lead several projects, whereas others only play a small role in one or two.
- When does your section meet? Podcasts meets once a week: 7:30-8 p.m. PT on Sundays.
- How can people join your section? By joining the Slack channel #podcasts-259 and letting me know that they’re interested!
- Who can people contact with questions about your section or to join? It’s best to contact me (the editor) through Slack DMs @Lorenzo Del Rosario
- What could a writer stand to gain by joining your section? Staffers learn how to collaborate with others on a project while gaining skills in writing, audio editing, and podcast production. It’s also a great opportunity to make friends!
How can people submit freelance articles?
Email or message Lorenzo on Slack about project ideas/pitches.