The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Other athletes who participated in the Games

Men’s Volleyball: Kyle Dagostino and Kevin Rakestraw

Team USA finished 4-2 at the World University Games, earning wins against Korea, China and two against Australia. The squad ended the tournament in 17th place out of 20 teams. Cardinal student-athletes Dagostino and Rakestraw, both rising freshmen, contributed 6 digs — the most of any player — and 7 points respectively in the team’s final match, a win against Australia.

Men’s Swimming: Drew Cosgarea and Sam Perry (New Zealand)

The U.S. earned 14 total medals for men’s swimming, tied for first with Japan. Cosgarea participated in the second heat for the 2×400 freestyle relay, while Perry joined New Zealand’s roster to swim in the 50m freestyle, 100m freestyle, 4x100m freestyle relay and 4x100m medley relay.

Men’s Gymnastics: Ryan Sheppard (Hungary)

Sheppard, a rising junior, competed as an individual, representing Hungary. He notched 32nd place in the preliminaries.

Women’s Track and Field: Valarie Allman

Rising junior Allman came in at fifth in the women’s discus event, throwing a 182-8, the best throw for the Americans.

Men’s Diving: Bradley Christensen

Christensen, a rising junior, and Bryce Klein, who attends Southern Methodist University, competed together in the synchronized 3m springboard event. In the final round, the duo earned 338.28 points, a 56.22 difference from the score of Russia, the gold medal winners. Christensen and Klein’s score gave them a sixth-place ranking.

Contact Alexa Philippou at aphil723 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

/>