Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024
Search
Logo

Join Opinions!

Hello, we’re Sharon Du and Caroline Spertus, the managing editors of the Opinions section! At The Stanford Daily, opinions articles have a rhetorical purpose: something specific it wants the audience to think or do. 

In the past, our section has been a forum in which agitations for justice can take place, including Stanford’s police abolition movement, efforts toward departmentalization for African and African-American Studies and organization in support of campus custodial staff. However, our scope is not limited to calls for reform – we also feature articles that reflect on the spread of misinformation by Stanford affiliates, the disclosure of disability in the virtual world and personal experiences of policing on campus. Of course, this is just a sampling of the opinions and reflections we’ve published over the past year; please scroll through our section on The Stanford Daily’s website for more!

As a section, our goal is to host interesting, well-written and thought-provoking pieces on current affairs (especially those pertinent to the Stanford community), and establish a welcoming community where all skill levels are welcome. All writers for our section will be offered mentorship and feedback to prepare for publication. In particular, we welcome applications from those of marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds in journalism; we want to acknowledge that not all students were offered the same opportunities in high school, and we will be excited to work with your perspective, whatever it may be!

You can contact us at opinions ‘at’ stanforddaily.com if you have any questions. We’d love to hear your thoughts. And if you’re interested in submitting a piece, you can email letters to the editor to eic ‘at’ stanforddaily.com and op-ed submissions to opinions ‘at’ stanforddaily.com.

Join The Stanford Daily today!