Accessibility statementSkip to main content
We need your help: All banner donations made today will support The Daily's new staff financial aid program.
Learn more and donate.

Join News!

Do you want the latest scoop on all things Stanford? If you do, then you should join news!

News is divided up into five desks: Academics, Business and Technology, Campus Life, Graduate Students and University. You’re free to cover a range of topics across multiple desks, though you’ll be assigned to two desk editors who will guide you through the reporting process. You don’t need any experience to join! Just come with an open mind and willingness to learn.

As a news writer, you’ll develop skills that can be applied to anything — classes, internships, jobs and more! Many of our news writers aren’t majoring in communication and don’t want to be journalists in the future, but they find that news writing gives them transferrable skills to succeed in other areas.

Aside from writing articles, news writers also work alongside The Daily’s data team, Equity Project and Spotlight. We also have our own podcast, Ask the Admin. 

So what are you waiting for? Join us today! We’re happy to answer any questions that you have.

Contact news managing editors Camryn Pak, Georgia Rosenberg and Malaysia Atwater at [email protected] 

Join The Stanford Daily today!