Thursday, April 25th, 2024
Search
The Stanford Daily logo with the admit weekend banner draped in front, reading "WELCOME TO STANFORD"

Join News!

Do you want the latest scoop on all things Stanford? If you do, then you should join news!

News is divided up into four desks: Academics, Business and Technology, Campus Life and University. You’re free to cover a range of topics across multiple desks, though you’ll be assigned to two desk editors who will guide you through the reporting process. You don’t need any experience to join! Just come with an open mind and willingness to learn.

As a news writer, you’ll develop skills that can be applied to anything — classes, internships, jobs and more! Many of our news writers aren’t majoring in communication and don’t want to be journalists in the future, but they find that news writing gives them transferrable skills to succeed in other areas.

Aside from writing articles, news writers also work alongside The Daily’s data team, Equity Project and Spotlight. We also have our own podcast, Ask the Admin. 

So what are you waiting for? Join us today! We’re happy to answer any questions that you have.

Contact news managing editors Anastasiia Malenko, Malaysia Atwater and Tammer Bagdasarian at [email protected]

Join The Stanford Daily today!