The following questions were answered by The Daily’s Vol. 259 Data Managing Editor Sophie Andrews.
- What work does your section do?
The Data team analyzes data, visualizes it and writes about it!
- What does joining your section entail? How much work does it look like per week?
Time commitment can be as much or as little as you want. Writers for the data section work at their own pace.
- When does your section meet?
The team meets on Sundays at 1 p.m. PT, but I’m always happy to meet at other times
- How can people join your section?
To join the team, join the section channel #data-team-259 or slack me @Sophie Andrews
- What could a writer stand to gain by joining your section?
Staffers can learn about data finding and cleaning, data analysis, data visualization and tools ranging from flourish to spreadsheets to programming
How can people submit freelance articles?
To submit a piece, send a draft to Sophie Andrews over slack or email ([email protected]).