Saturday, April 20th, 2024
Search
Logo

Join Arts & Life!

Howdy! We’re Kirsten and Peyton, managing editors of the Arts & Life section at The Daily. As a section, we strive to support and cover Stanford’s rich (yet oft-overlooked) arts and culture scene, engaging with the on-campus arts community as well as publishing pop-culture stories that are interesting and accessible to Stanford students. Our writers have diverse interests within the realm of arts coverage, though every A&L staffer chooses to join one of four beats (or subsections) within the section: Culture (ex: performing, fashion, visual and culinary arts)

• Screen (ex: film, T.V. and video games)
  • Music (ex: releases, festivals and concerts) 
  • Reads (ex: books, poetry and public readings)

During this upcoming volume, we’re hoping to focus more on Stanford’s art scene, increase our news-style content, successfully launch our first columnist program, implement mandatory coverage and — our favorite — grow a solid community wherein all A&L staffers feel comfortable, connected and inspired!

Long story short, if you’re an avid museum-goer, film buff, melophile or bookworm… then this is DEFINITELY the place for you. And even if you’re none of those things, we welcome you to explore arts journalism with a lovely group of writers and editors who will be with you every step along the way. 

No experience required!!! We can’t wait to meet you all, and don’t hesitate to send questions or concerns our way. 

Contact us at [email protected]

Join The Stanford Daily today!