Police blotter: Bike theft, indecent exposure

This report covers a selection of incidents from March 26 to April 5 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Friday, March 26

• At an unspecified time at an unknown location, someone attempted a petty theft.
  • Between 11:30 p.m. on March 25 and 12 a.m., there was a rape at Crothers Memorial. According to SUDPS spokesperson Bill Larson, both the perpetrator and the survivor were students, and an investigation is active.

Sunday, March 28

• Between 11:15 a.m. on March 27 and 5:50 p.m., there was a rape at 450 Jane Stanford Way. According to Larson, both the perpetrator and the survivor were students, and an investigation is active.

Monday, March 29

• At 9 a.m., an incident of non-criminal hate violence occurred at the Clark Center. According to Larson a person in a vehicle yelled racial slurs at a student walking near the building.
  • Between 3 p.m. on March 23 and 3:30 p.m., petty theft occurred at the Campus Bike Shop.

Tuesday, March 30

• Between 11 p.m. on March 29 and 8 a.m., petty theft occurred at Casper Dining.

Friday, April 2

• At 2:36 p.m., a bike was stolen from Building 19 of Escondido Village.

Sunday, April 4

• Between 1 p.m. on April 3 and 1:26 p.m., a bike was stolen from Building A of Escondido Village Graduate Residences.

Monday, April 5

• At 1:10 p.m., indecent exposure occurred at 817 Lathrop Drive.

This article has been updated with additional information from SUDPS spokesperson Bill Larson. A previous version of this article incorrectly listed the location of a rape as Building 10 in Main Quad. The SUDPS bulletin lists the location as 450 Jane Stanford Way, the address of Main Quad, when the location of the incident is not known, but Larson confirmed, the listing of Building 10 on the SUDPS bulletin was a mistake.

Michael Espinosa '22 is majoring in international relations. He's the head of The Daily's social media team, and editor for the University beat and also occasionally writes for sports, arts, and The Grind. He's the biggest Taylor Swift fan at Stanford and the proudest New Yorker you will ever meet. Contact him at mespinosa 'at' stanforddaily.com.