Police Blotter: Petty theft, vandalism, assault

This report covers a selection of incidents from March 8 to March 15 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Monday, March 8

• Between 12 p.m. on March 7 and 9 a.m., a person defaced Green Earth Sciences Building with paint. 

Tuesday, March 9

• Between 4 p.m. on March 8 and 10 a.m., a petty theft took place at Studio 1 of Escondido Village.
  • Between 12 and 9 p.m., a vehicle was burglarized at Stock Farm Garage.

Tuesday, March 10

• At 12:15 a.m., there was a rape at Building A of Escondido Village Graduate Residences.
  • Between 5 p.m. on March 8 and 5:44 p.m., a bike was stolen from Building A Escondido Village Graduate Residences.
  • Between 7 and 10 p.m., a petty theft occurred at Building 55 of Escondido Village

Tuesday, March 12

• Between 4 and 7:30 p.m., a bike was stolen from Building A Escondido Village Graduate Residences.
  • Between 5 p.m. on March 8 and 5:44 p.m., a bike was stolen from Rosse House at 14 Comstock Circle.

Tuesday, March 13

• Between 6:55 and 8:20 a.m., misdemeanor vandalism took place at 1711 Stanford Ave.

Tuesday, March 14

• At an unspecified time and location, a person was assaulted with a deadly weapon or instrument.

Michael Espinosa '22 is majoring in international relations. He's the head of The Daily's social media team, and editor for the University beat and also occasionally writes for sports, arts, and The Grind. He's the biggest Taylor Swift fan at Stanford and the proudest New Yorker you will ever meet. Contact him at mespinosa 'at' stanforddaily.com.