The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Potential Row drugging reported

Instance is the fourth potential or confirmed drugging reported to SUDPS in the past month

A female reported that she may have been drugged on Saturday at 500 Mayfield Ave, possibly between the hours of 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to Stanford Public Safety.

Public Safety learned of the potential instance through a Campus Security Authority, who said the female believes one of the drinks she consumed may have contained a drug that inhibited her from recalling events of the evening. A friend brought her back to her residence safely. It is unclear whether the individual took a drug test.

Knowingly drugging an individual without their consent constitutes an aggravated assault. Students were notified of the potential crime through an AlertSU, issued in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Act. In the past month alone, there have been two other reports of potential druggings and one confirmed drugging, and at least three reports of sexual assault, aggravated assault or assault with intent to commit rape.

Those with additional information about the crime are encouraged to call the Stanford University Department of Public Safety at (650) 329-2413.

Contact Elena Shao at eshao98 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Elena Shao '21 is from Suwanee, Georgia. At The Daily, she is a Managing Editor for News. Outside, she's studying political science. She also enjoys learning foreign languages and is hoping to pursue a career as an investigative and data journalist. Contact her at eshao98 'at' stanford.edu.
/>