Armed robbery attempt at Stanford results in three arrests, search for fourth suspect

Police are searching for a fourth suspect after a man was punched in the face and another was threatened with a replica gun during an attempted robbery on Monday. (HANNAH RONCA/The Stanford Daily)

A man was punched in the face, and another was threatened with a gun — later revealed to be a replica — in an attempted robbery around 6 p.m. on Monday.

Four juveniles approached an adult male and attempted to take property from him as he was walking on Lasuen Street near Campus Drive. He was punched in the process. A second adult male walking in the area was threatened with a gun, which was later recovered by police and confirmed to be a replica. Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) spokesperson Bill Larson confirmed in an email to The Daily that no other weapons were found nor reported to have been used in the attempted robbery.

Three 15-year-old suspects were apprehended near Palo Alto High School by SUDPS and the Palo Alto Police Department (PAPD) after fleeing the scene of the crime on bicycles. The fourth suspect, who is also estimated to be 15 years old, has not been found, and the investigation remains active; he was last seen near Palo Alto High School wearing a black hoodie.

The first victim used a blue emergency tower to notify police, and was treated by medics at the scene, Larson wrote. He noted that no other witnesses have been confirmed, and encourages anyone with information on the incident to contact SUDPS at 650-329-2413. Updates are available here.

Contact Callia Yuan at callia.yuan ‘at’ gmail.com.