Water main breaks strike Kimball, Roble

HOLDEN FOREMAN/The Stanford Daily

Water is spewing out of the ground near Kimball Hall, as a water main break was reported at the Escondido Road and Campus Drive roundabout Wednesday night. Cones were laid to block the right turn onto Escondido Road around 7:30 p.m., but water is continuing to shoot upward.

The break near Kimball comes on the same day that Roble Hall’s water became discolored following a water main break near the dorm. Lagunita Court and Roble Hall Housing Front Desk Supervisor Peter Young confirmed in an email to residents at 12:34 p.m. that the situation was resolved.

“The break in the Roble water supply has been repaired,” Young wrote. “There may be some discoloration, but running the water for a bit will clear things up.”

The situation near Kimball was confirmed as a water main break by the Palo Alto Police Department.

This article will be updated as the situation develops.

Contact Holden Foreman at hs4man21 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Holden Foreman

Holden Foreman

Holden Foreman '21 is The Daily's Executive Editor. He hails from the city of St. Louis, Missouri and is studying electrical engineering, computer science and economics. Contact him at hs4man21 'at' stanford.edu.