Police Blotter: May 28 – June 4

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 28 to June 4 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Monday, May 28

• Between 6:30 and 9:30 p.m., bike parts were stolen from a bike parked outside of Lane Hall.

Tuesday, May 29

• Between 12:01 and 10 a.m. on May 30, a bike was stolen from Arroyo in Wilbur Hall.
  • At 1 p.m., someone was reported for trespassing at 781 Frenchmans Road.
  • Between 2:07 and 7 p.m., a package was stolen from Building 141 in Escondido Village.
  • Between 2:30 and 4:46 p.m. a gas leak was reported at Lane Hall.

Wednesday, May 30

• Between 3 and 4:10 p.m., a backpack was stolen from the Lucas Center on Welch Road.
  • Between 7 p.m. and 10 a.m. on May 31, a bike was stolen from Potter House in Sterling Quad.

Thursday, May 31

• At 2:24 a.m., someone was arrested for driving under the influence on Galvez Street and Arboretum Road.
  • At 2:20 p.m., someone was arrested for driving unlicensed on El Camino Real near Page Mill Road.
  • Between 6:30 p.m. and 8 a.m. on June 1, a burglary took place at Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center.
  • At 10 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside of Branner Hall.

Friday, June 1

• At 12:59 a.m., a noise complaint was made about Kappa Sigma.
  • At 3:08 a.m., a person was arrested for driving under the influence and for possession of controlled substances, including methamphetamine, on El Camino Real at the Oregon Expressway.
  • Between 5 p.m. and 11 a.m. on June 2, laptops were stolen from the Fire Truck House.
  • At 6:49 p.m., a noise complaint was made about 576 Alvarado Row.
  • Between 7 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. on June 4, someone vandalized Escondido Elementary School.
  • At 10:01 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Kairos.
  • Between 10:30 and 12 p.m. on June 3, a bike was stolen from Schiff House in Sterling Quad.

Saturday, June 2

• At 3:08 a.m., a noise complaint was made about Kappa Sigma.
  • At 8:50 a.m., someone was reported for masturbating in public at the corner of Sam McDonald Road and El Camino Real.
  • At 10:51 p.m., someone was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Kappa Sigma.
  • At 11:45 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Building 92 in Escondido Village.

Sunday, June 3

• At 12:55 a.m., someone was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 680 Lomita Drive.
  • At 1:25 a.m., someone was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 1047 Campus Drive.
  • At 2:16 a.m., a collision occurred between two vehicles at the corner of Campus Drive and Bowdoin Street. No one was injured.
  • At 3 a.m. five people were arrested for trespassing at the Avery Aquatic Center.
  • Between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m. on June 4, a bike was stolen from the Bass Center in the Graduate School of Business.

Monday, June 4

• At 9 a.m., a golf cart was stolen from Track House.
  • Between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., a bike was stolen from Lane Hall.
  • At 4:07 p.m., a golf cart was stolen from Bing Concert Hall.

There were no alcohol transports reported in the SUDPS bulletin between May 28 and June 4.

Contact Michael Espinosa at mesp2021 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Michael Espinosa '22 is majoring in international relations. He's the head of The Daily's social media team, and editor for the University beat and also occasionally writes for sports, arts, and The Grind. He's the biggest Taylor Swift fan at Stanford and the proudest New Yorker you will ever meet. Contact him at mespinosa 'at' stanforddaily.com.