Police blotter: May 7 – May 14

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 7 to May 14 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Monday, May 7

• Between 3:15 and 6:30 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside Maples Pavilion.

Tuesday, May 8

• Between 6:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on May 9, an extortion occured at Okada in Wilbur Hall.
  • At 1 p.m., someone was arrested for being drunk in public in the East Wing of Green Library.
  • At 11:33 p.m., a street sign was vandalized at the corner of Serra Street and Arguello Way.

Wednesday, May 9

• At 11:30 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Kappa Sigma.

Thursday, May 10

• At 2:30 a.m., a person was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license at the corner of El Camino Real and California Avenue.
  • Between 10 a.m., and 7:15 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside CERAS.
  • Between 5:45 p.m. and 8 a.m. on May 11, a stolen golf cart was recovered at Palm Drive and Roth Way.
  • Between 8:10 and 10:45 p.m., someone was arrested for being drink in public at Dinkelspiel Auditorium.
  • At 9:28 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Phi Kappa Psi.
  • At 10 p.m., a bike wheel was stolen from Studio 2 of Escondido Village.
  • Between 11:50 p.m. and 1:15 a.m. on May 11, a noise complaint was made about Kappa Sigma.

Friday, May 11

• At 12:48 a.m., a noise complaint was made about Abrams in Escondido Village.
  • Between 10:30 and 11:15 a.m., a bike was stolen from Tresidder Memorial Union.
  • Between 5:30 p.m. and 8 a.m., on May 14, computer equipment was stolen from the Batterson Building in the Graduate School of the Business.
  • At 11:49 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Phi Kappa Psi.

Saturday, May 12

• Between 7:30 and 8:25 a.m., a noise complaint was made about Kappa Sigma.
  • Between 3 p.m. and 8:50 a.m. on May 14, a bike was stolen from outside Studio 3 in Escondido Village.
  • At 6:30 p.m., a collision occurred between two vehicles at the corner of Campus Drive and Escondido Road. No one was injured.

Sunday, May 13

• At 12:45 a.m., a noise complaint was made about Slavianskii Dom.
  • At 2 a.m, someone was arrested for driving under the influence at the corner of Serra Street and Campus Drive.

There were no alcohol transports reported in the SUDPS bulletin between May 6 and May 14.

Contact Michael Espinosa at mesp2021 ‘at’ stanford.edu.