Sports events you don’t want to miss during Admit Weekend

Baseball vs Cal

Where: Sunken Diamond

When: 7 p.m. Thursday, 7 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday

Baseball will take on rival Cal in a three-game series as it looks to continue its eight-game victory streak. The team will be hoping to keep its place as the top seed in the Pac-12 and ameliorate further its 31-5, 12-3 Pac-12 record. The Golden Bears hold a 23-15, 9-9 Pac-12 record.

Things to look for: Cardinal head coach David Esquer was the head coach at Cal for 18 seasons and won National Coach of the Year in 2011 while serving the Golden Bears. So, this series may be a bit personal for him. Stanford has built up an outstanding pitching rotation, which will surely be showcased during the series. Junior left-handed pitcher Kris Bubic currently holds a 2.52 ERA, ranking fifth in strikeouts in the Pac-12. Junior Tristan Beck has come back this season after an injury, and is currently one of the top prospects for the MLB draft. His younger brother, Brendan Beck, is currently ranked first in the Pac-12 in ERA. Yes, you read that correctly: first. Stay for the full games to catch the bullpen and continue to be impressed.

Softball vs Cal

Where: Smith Family Stadium

When: 6:45 p.m. Friday, 5 p.m. Saturday, 1 p.m. Sunday

Softball is also taking on Stanford’s biggest rival in a three-game series, and it’s one you won’t want to miss. Stanford is currently 22-23, the first time it has reached more than 19 wins since 2014. The team has come a long way since previous years, and this series could be a way to really put themselves back on the map. Repeat: You won’t want to miss this one.

Things to look for: Sophomore infield Teaghan Cowles has accumulated an impressive six triples this season, putting her second in Stanford history. The Cardinal is third in the Pac-12 with 49 stolen bases and 59 attempts. Sophomore Montana Dixon is first in RBI (26) and fourth in runs (19). Head coach Jessica Allister is also new to her position and has come here all the way from Minnesota. The Cardinal has not been able to beat Cal in a series since 2013, so this could be a historic win.

Men’s Soccer vs SF Glens SC

Where: Cagan Stadium

When: 7 p.m. Friday

Stanford men’s soccer will be hosting one of a series of home games in their spring slate. The games are a fun way for the back-to-back-to-back national champs to practice a bit and prepare to win their fourth NCAA trophy. All games are free and open to the public.

Things to look for: If the fact that this team has won not one, not two, but three national championships in a row doesn’t convince you to go, then here are some additional reasons. The team just got back from England, once again undefeated. The past three years have seen a 52-7-10 record for the Cardinal, and not a single goal was scored against them in the entirety of the NCAA Tournament. Five of six seniors are or will be playing in the MLS, to give you an idea of the talent this team holds. Keep an eye out for forward Charlie Wehan.

Beach Volleyball Pac-12 Tournament

Where: Stanford Beach Volleyball Stadium

When: Thursday, Friday, Saturday

The Farm will be hosting the Pac-12 Beach Volleyball Tournament this weekend, with Stanford slated as the No. 4 seed. The first game played by the Cardinal will be against Arizona on 1:15 p.m. on Thursday. The tournament will take place at 8 a.m. on Thursday and Friday and then start at 9 a.m. on Saturday. Admission is free and open to everyone.

Things to look for: If you’re looking to spend a bit of time in the sun watching a fast-paced sport, definitely go take a look. The Pac-12 Tournament is quite competitive, with teams from all over the West Coast coming to spend some time on the Stanford campus. Stanford women’s volleyball and beach volleyball have been largely successful, and the team will likely put up a good fight. Top ranked in the tournament are UCLA and USC, both of which have beaten the Cardinal this season.

Contact Laura Sussman at laura111 ‘at’ stanford.edu.