By Sophie Regan
This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 24 to Oct. 29 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.
Tuesday, Oct. 24
- At 4:45 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a car parked near Stanford Stadium and stole a bag containing a laptop and other items.
- A rape occurring on Oct. 22 on the east side of campus was reported. Neither party is affiliated with Stanford University.
Wednesday, Oct. 25
- It was reported that a sexual assault occurred on Oct. 20 at an unknown location on campus.
- At 10:31 p.m., a noise complaint was made about music and loud voices in Munger Building 4. The situation was resolved without incident.
Thursday, Oct. 26
- At 6:20 p.m., a suspect who is not affiliated with Stanford was at a reunion party eating from the serving tables. He was found to be in possession of a knife.
Friday, Oct. 27
- Between 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 26 and 8:30 a.m. on Oct. 27, two people received phone calls from a caller who had ID-“spoofed” phone numbers associated with the SUDPS. They were told they had outstanding arrest warrants. The caller’s intention was to defraud both victims.
- Between 9:30 and 10:45 p.m., someone stole an unattended backpack containing a laptop, which was left near a palm tree on a path between the track house parking lot and Cobb Field.
- At 11 p.m., someone was arrested for bringing firearms onto a university campus and being in possession of burglary tools in the Press Building.
- There were seven alcohol transports.
Saturday, Oct. 28
- Between 4 and 5 p.m., an unlocked bike was stolen from the bike racks located on the west side of Escondido Village Studio 5.
- At 11:55 p.m., someone was arrested for littering and being a minor in possession of alcohol.
- There were two alcohol transports.
Sunday, Oct. 29
- At 1 a.m., someone was arrested on Lomita Drive for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public.
- At 1:33 a.m., two people were arrested for public intoxication near the Kappa Sigma House.
There were nine alcohol transports reported between Oct. 24 and Oct. 29 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.
Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.