By the Numbers: Stanford vs. Oregon

Stanford coasted to a 49-7 romp of the Oregon Ducks on Saturday. Here are some notable statistics from the game and season so far:

42: Stanford’s margin of victory Saturday, its largest ever margin over the Ducks.

4:23: Amount of time it took junior running back Bryce Love to eclipse 100 yards rushing. Love took the ball 67 yards to the house on the first play of Stanford’s second drive to put his rushing total at 115 yards on just five carries. Love would only gain 32 yards on the ground on 12 carries the rest of the game to finish with 147 yards.

9: Consecutive Stanford games with a Bryce Love touchdown run of over 50 yards. It was also Love’s ninth straight game with over 100 yards rushing, tied for the longest such streak in school history.

2: Number of games in which senior quarterback Keller Chryst has thrown for three touchdowns in his career, with both games coming against Oregon. Chryst finished Saturday’s game 15-21 for 181 yards, three touchdowns and an interception.

1: Number of career multiple-touchdown games for junior wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside. Arcega-Whiteside finished Saturday with career-highs in receptions (six), receiving yards (112) and receiving touchdowns (two).

33: Passing yards for the Oregon offense. Freshman quarterback Braxton Burmeister had a rough outing, finishing 3-8 for 23 yards and two interceptions. Thirty-three yards is the lowest passing total Stanford has held the opposition to since holding Army to nine yards in 2014.

33: Percent chance Stanford wins the Pac-12, according to ESPN’s Football Power Index. Only Washington has a higher chance, at 35 percent.

11: Team interceptions for the Cardinal this season, which ranks them fourth in the nation. Both Casey Toohill and Quenton Meeks were able to snag a Braxton Burmeister pass Saturday, Meeks’ second interception of the season and Toohill’s first-ever career pick.

2: Receiving touchdowns for freshman tight end Colby Parkinson, with both coming in the fourth quarter. Parkinson caught one from both Keller Chryst and sophomore quarterback KJ Costello, and he now has four touchdown receptions this season, tied for first on the team with Arcega-Whiteside.

16: Passing yards for junior wide receiver Jay Tyler. On a trick play similar to what coach Shaw ran with quarterback Andrew Luck, Tyler found a wide-open Ryan Burns for a big pickup.

Contact Sam Curry at currys ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Curry '20 is a sophomore desk editor for The Daily. Most of the time, people can find him cheering for all of the teams they probably hate, like the New England Patriots and the New York Yankees. Sam is a proud native of Big Timber, Montana, where he enjoys the great outdoors with his family and friends.