Surging Stanford lacrosse play host to William & Mary

No. 17 Stanford women’s lacrosse (4-2, 1-0 MPSF) looks to extend its three-game winning streak when it hosts a struggling William & Mary (1-4) on Wednesday, continuing the Cardinal’s recent slate of out-of-conference games.

Wednesday night’s match will be the second game in a three-game homestand for Stanford. Last week, Stanford utilized a strong second half to defeat a pacey and resilient Michigan team (1-5) 15-10. The Cardinal toppled the Wolverines behind a hat trick of hat tricks from a trio of Stanford senior attackers: Kelsey Murray, Anna Salemo and Elizabeth Cusick.

Kelsey Murray’s three-goal, one-assist performance against the Wolverines extended her amazing performance on the season so far while leading this Cardinal attack. The senior leads the team with 16 goals and eight assists for 24 points (goals plus assists), cementing her position as the crucial playmaker and offensive contributor this season.

William & Mary comes to the west coast for a two-game stint in northern California, first playing the Cardinal before heading to Berkeley to play the Golden Bears. The Tribe are coming off a loss on the road against the University of Virginia (2-3) that continued William & Mary’s offensive woes — the team has only mustered 10 goals or over in one of five games this season.

The game will be played at Cagan Stadium at 7 p.m. and can be followed live on gostanford.com and recapped at The Daily.

Contact Lorenzo Rosas at enzor9 ‘at’ stanford.edu