Police Blotter: Jan. 24 – Jan. 30

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 24 to Jan. 30 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, Jan. 24

• At 9 a.m., two bikes collided on Lasuen Mall near Panama Mall.
  • At 9:30 a.m., a vehicle collided with a bike on Roth Way near Campus Drive.
  • At 10:45 a.m., two vehicles collided on Oak Road.
  • At 3:25 p.m., someone was cited and released for misusing a disabled placard.

Wednesday, Jan. 25

• Between 4-4:30 p.m., someone stole a backpack from a locker in the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center.
  • At 5:15 p.m., two bikers collided on Lomita Mall near the 400 block.
  • Between 4:30-7:45 p.m., someone stole the front wheel and bike seat from a bike outside of the Knight Management Center.
  • Between 6:40-7 p.m., someone stole an unattended laptop from a shared laundry room in Escondido IV Highrise-Quillen.

Thursday, Jan. 26

• At 10:55 p.m., a noise complaint was made about the Phi Kappa Psi House. They turned down the music and closed the windows. No further complaints were made.
  • At 11:15 p.m., a vehicle collided with a fixed object on Old Page Mill Road.
  • Between 2 p.m. on Jan. 25 and 9:10 a.m. on Jan. 26, someone drew what appears to be a swastika on the entrance to Rains Apartments between Buildings 229 and 232.

Friday, Jan. 27

• At 4:40 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving on a suspended license on Campus Drive near Bowdoin Street.
  • Between 9:30-9:55 a.m., someone used a black grease pencil to draw what appears to be a swastika on the south exterior wall of Maples Pavilion.

Saturday, Jan. 28

• At 11:45 p.m., a noise complaint was made about the Kappa Sigma House. They turned down the music and moved the party inside. No further complaints were made.
  • At 8:58 p.m., someone was arrested for peeping and possessing multiple weapons.
  • There was one alcohol transport and one drug transport on Jan. 28.

Sunday, Jan. 29

• Between 4 p.m. on Jan. 27 and noon on Jan. 30, a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Griffin.
  • At 6:40 p.m., someone attempted to use someone else’s personal information to open a credit card account.

Monday, Jan. 30

• Between 7:30 a.m.-4:20 p.m., someone scratched the paint of a car parked in the Stock Farm Garage.

There were one alcohol transport and one drug transport reported between Jan. 24 and Jan. 30, as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.