Men’s basketball to match up against Oregon State

Stanford men’s basketball (10-8, 2-4 Pac-12) will seek a third consecutive conference victory as it travels to Gill Coliseum for a matchup against Oregon State (4-14, 0-5) at 8 p.m. on Thursday.

After losing their first four conference games, the Cardinal bounced back with a sweep of the Washington schools at home. Junior forward Michael Humphrey led the team to victory over the University of Washington (8-9, 1-4) with team highs of 18 points and 10 rebounds.

Men's basketball to match up against Oregon State
Junior guard Robert Cartwright has played well the past three games averaging 17.3 points per matchup. The Cardinal will look to Cartwright this Thursday as they take on Oregon State. (RYAN JAE/The Stanford Daily)

Humphrey had a critical and-1 after the Huskies came back and tied the game with 4:15 remaining. The bucket led to a 13-6 run for the Cardinal, which lasted until the end of the game.

Humphrey has played well recently for Stanford. He has averaged 10 rebounds in the last four games and put up 18 points after scoring a career-high 27 points two games ago versus UCLA.

Another bright spot has been the play of junior guard Robert Cartwright. In the past three games, he put up averages of 17.3 points, 6.7 assists and 3.7 rebounds. He scored a career-high 21 points against Washington State.

Junior forward Reid Travis went out with an injury late in the first half against the Huskies. He is day-to-day with a shoulder injury.

Oregon State holds the advantage in the all-time series versus the Cardinal with a 75-68 record. Stanford has taken six of the last eight matches against the Beavers and split the series last year.

The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Network.

Contact Jose Saldana at jsaldana ‘at’ stanford.edu.