Judge in Turner case faces criticism after citing lack of criminal record, remorse in sentencing decision
Brock Turner's case has sparked outrage after he was sentenced to six months in county jail and three years' probation on June 2 (RAHIM ULLAH/The Stanford Daily).

Criticism of Santa Clara County Judge Aaron Persky ’84 M.A. ’85 erupted nationwide following the sentencing of Brock Turner to six months in jail and three years of probation on June 2. A protest is currently being planned for the Commencement tradition Wacky Walk, and multiple petitions to recall Persky and as well as a petition calling for more University support for sexual assault victims are circulating on social media.

At Turner’s sentencing hearing on June 2, Persky began by acknowledging that the decision was difficult. He said he was partly relying on Rule 4.413(c)(2)(c), which has to do with probation eligibility. The rule states that there is limited culpability if “the defendant is youthful or aged, and has no significant record of prior criminal offenses.”

After revealing his decision, Persky detailed both aggravating and mitigating factors for the sentencing decision.

Aggravating factors, or those which favor extending the sentence, cited by the judge included the following: deep physical and psychological harm inflicted upon the victim and vulnerability of the victim at the time of the crime.

Mitigating factors, or those which favor reducing the sentence, were cited as follows: lowered culpability due to both parties’ intoxication (though Persky insisted this factor was weighted only slightly); the lack of a prior criminal record; character letters attesting to a period of good behavior prior to and after the crime; Turner’s likely compliance with the sentence; adverse “collateral” effects outside of the conviction such as high media attention; and what Persky identified as remorse from Turner.

He called the last determination “one of the most conflicted and difficult in the case today.” However, he said he ultimately judged Turner’s remorse to be sincere.

“The trial is a search for the truth. It’s an imperfect process,” he said, adding later, “I’m not sure his incomplete acquiescence to the verdict is grounds [to affect his sentence].”

Ultimately, Persky said that he did not believe an extensive jail sentence would best suit Turner’s rehabilitation as a sex offender.

Many student groups have expressed outrage at this decision. A group called Stanford Association of Students for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP) created a petition yesterday calling for the University to apologize to the victim, provide supportive services to her and other sexual assault victims, commit educational resources toward sexual assault and administer a new campus climate survey.

Matthew Baiza ’18, co-founder ASAP, said he was moved to action after reading the letter the victim read in court.

“After reading that, we realized the survivor didn’t get justice at all,” he said. “It sends the wrong message to survivors, students and the nation as a whole.”

In a statement released today, spokesperson Lisa Lapin said the University has faced significant misinformation regarding its role in the case.

“[The University] did everything within its power to assure that justice was served in this case, including an immediate police investigation and referral to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office for a successful prosecution,” the statement reads.

Another petition to recall and remove Persky reached over 140,000 signatures at the time of publication. The petition also accuses Persky of bias in favor of Turner, a “fellow alumni and athlete of Stanford.”

An email also circulated today requesting students to join in a protest during Wacky Walk, the traditional Stanford procession of graduating students which kicks off Commencement.

Contact Victor Xu at vxu ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Victor Xu

Victor Xu '17 is an editor and graphics designer. An economics major, he hails from Carmel, IN. He is interested in international development and Kanye West. To contact Victor, email him at vxu ‘at’ stanford.edu.
  • Too scared to speak the truth

Um… There was no PROOF. He was not even charged with Rape. Please use your brain. We have a court of law for a reason. What was decided was decided. There are murderers who have gotten off. Worry about them. He fingered a drunk girl. Does a rapist finger people? Come on.

• Too scared to speak the truth

Great points. Finally someone makes sense.

• partTimeNavyWife

Her words: I was not only told that I was assaulted, I was told that because I couldn’t remember, I technically could not prove it was unwanted. And that distorted me, damaged me, almost broke me. It is the saddest type of confusion to be told I was assaulted and nearly raped, blatantly out in the open, but we don’t know if it counts as assault yet. I had to fight for an entire year to make it clear that there was something wrong with this situation.

• partTimeNavyWife

Her words (and common decency): According to him, the only reason we were on the ground was because I fell down. Note; if a girl falls down help her get back up. If she is too drunk to even walk and falls down, do not mount her, hump her, take off her underwear, and insert your hand inside her vagina. If a girl falls down help her up. If she is wearing a cardigan over her dress don’t take it off so that you can touch her breasts. Maybe she is cold, maybe that’s why she wore the cardigan.

• partTimeNavyWife

Her words: You are guilty. Twelve jurors convicted you guilty of three felony counts beyond reasonable doubt, that’s twelve votes per count, thirty ­six yeses confirming guilt, that’s one hundred percent, unanimous guilt. And I thought finally it is over, finally he will own up to what he did, truly apologize, we will both move on and get better. ​Then I read your statement.

• David O’Brien

The judge is a phony liberal?? I doubt it. Much more likely a true California Liberal. You could argue if that contributed the sentence or not; but I don’t think you can argue the judge is a phony

• David O’Brien

You need to decide what the purpose of a sentence is. Pure punishment; or holding someone accountable, punishment, *plus* rehabilitation [so they don’t do the same crime again].

Read what the judge said about how he came to his judgment. There are many, many cases of folks becoming worse and repeat criminals due to spending long time in prison (we’ll say 6 years is long).

I find it very difficult to decide if the jail time is enough or more is needed. I do think he got off way too lightly on the probation and required actions post-jail. He should have to visit 2,000 Frat Houses for the next 5 years across the country and talk to them about what he did, how wrong it was, and how others should not repeat his behavior.

• TheDixonCider

@Mike: Re: An inexperienced drinker… that needs to be put into perspective. A college frat house is likely a way different amount of drinking than most/many high school kids are accustomed to. Maybe Brock had a total of say 5 beers in high school. Maybe he was a hard core drinker in high school. Who knows? But I doubt he drank on the level of what most college frats consume.

Re: Weed… if both he and the woman were using 100% weed that night instead of alcohol, this “rape” likely never takes place.

Did Brock probably experiment with alcohol and drugs in high school? Sure. A massive percentage of kids do.

Did Brock probably lie in his testimony? Sure. A massive percentage of people who are on trial lie. (It doesn’t make it “right,” just the reality.)

Did the woman probably lie in her testimony? Sure for the same reasons above.

There was another post below my comment from another user which for some reason has been deleted… if you are that user, please re-post as your comments were solid. That post contained this snippet of information:

—-

On Pg 6 of 9, of Statement of Victim(VO1), given at 01-18-15, 8:25 PM, Stanford Dept of Public Safety Station, found at PR 045, Incident Report, Case 15-018-0019U…

“She has blacked out before from drinking, but only when she has been continually drinking for a long time, and it is usually at the end of the night when it happens. She has not blacked out often. (she described a blackout to be where she is still functioning, but not remembering.) She usually makes it home even when she blacks out.”

———-

So what does the above tell you? It tells me that she is a pretty experienced party girl. I wonder how many times she’s “hooked up” at parties where she was totally sloshed and incoherent, but just chalked those up to “having fun.” We are talking about an individual who clearly does not learn from her mistakes. Now not learning from her mistakes and getting “caught” by the Swedes is ruining Brock Turner’s life forever.

If the Swedes didn’t show up, there’s a good chance this girl makes it back home (just like she said in the statement above) and then later laughs about it with her sister (while of course never telling her parents nor her boyfriend). But because the Swedes, the police and the hospital were involved, she was basically forced to “save face” and play the role of “victim” so her parents, sister and everyone else doesn’t perceive her as some careless party groupie.

If you were lying in the hospital with the police and doctors looming over you which would you say:

Option A: I was a total dumbass, drank too much, hooked up with a cute guy behind a dumpster and passed out.

Option B: I was a victim! He raped me!

Option A above places the blame on yourself. Option B places none of the onus on yourself. Isn’t it completely plausible that it was really Option A, but under the peer pressure of the situation she chose Option B?

Regarding 6 months in jail + losing his scholarship + his Olympic dream he worked so hard for crushed + being registered as a sex offender + the ton of legal fees his family had to pay + his inevitable lawsuit the victim will file against him + 3 years of probation + not being able to be around alcohol + his name being associated with a rapist FOREVER. So you don’t think that’s a harsh enough punishment?!?! What do you want? Should he be drawn and quartered?

The United States has more people in prison both in aggregate AND per capita of any nation on the entire planet. China has a BILLION more people than we do and yet we still have more people incarcerated. Stop and think about that for a minute. It is absolutely mind-boggling. “Land of the free” indeed.

• Bill Robinson

I followed the link to her powerful story. I had read other accounts of the story in a number of news links, but not her story. I thought this was a story of a college party hook-up that went bad as a result of two people drinking themselves into oblivion with predictable results from a mixture of alcohol and hormones. I wish I had read her story before making my other posts.

I have not seen a similar statement from the guy, and I don’t know anything about the rest of his life and his normal character and behavior. He is a freshman and is clearly immature, but there is certainly more to his story than what has been conveyed. As a freshman, he shouldn’t have had access to alcohol. He didn’t get to Stanford without a lot of good things in his record, even with a swimming scholarship. He is clearly guilty. I don’t know enough to have an informed opinion of what his penalty should have been, but I doubt a lengthy prison term would have been a better choice. There is little evidence to suggest that our American approach of throwing people in prison for lengthy terms is very effective, and our record with minority citizens is an absolute disgrace.

I really feel badly that our legal system doesn’t do a better job of dealing with these cases, and high priced lawyers sure can and do make these situations far worse all too often. It seems the guy did not get good advice and counseling from his parents or a professional. I gather the guy’s parents are well-to-do and acted with a sense of privilege, which makes it easy to be even more angry with the guy.

I grew up in far simpler times. We didn’t have alcohol or drugs on campus – perhaps in private, but not at fraternity or campus parties. I had time to grow up. I’m so fortunate that my son and daughter navigated the challenges of growing up so well.

This story is a tragedy for both parties and their families and friends. I’m glad I was not the judge. I still have concerns about Internet-based efforts to tell these stories in a fair and balanced ways. These cases raise a lot of emotions, and the typical Internet forum is inflames rather than enlightens discussion.

• BooBooLicious10

—-

———-

Option B: I was a victim! He raped me!

• Tripper

A drunken trash got fingered by a freshman in college and we’re supposed to throw away the key? how many people got murdered in Oakland yesterday?

• Tripper

His punishment should be community service and an apology. That’s it.

• Tripper

It would never make news, all right. But because we have a blond white boy his face is plastered everywhere to fool people into thinking most rapists are good-looking blond white boys.

• Bill Robinson

I don’t know enough about the case, even after reading the woman’s powerful story (which I wish I had read before). I still don’t know anything about Turner other than he is an immature freshman who shouldn’t have had access to alcohol and seems to come from a privileged family. There is much more to his story than what’s been conveyed. Even with a sports scholarship, you don’t get into Stanford without a strong record of accomplishment – both academic and sports – and very solid character references.

I think our approach to sentencing people in America is barbaric, especially with our minority citizens. I don’t see lengthy prison sentences as being either just or effective.

• Bill Robinson

See my comments above. What on earth makes you think the Duke case was a hoax? There were real crimes, real people, real lives messed up, just like with this case.

• Bill Robinson

At least I can write a lot more coherent post than you can. The fact that you would want someone you don’t know dead doesn’t speak well for you.

• Bill Robinson

The woman who accused them and the DA were guilty of crimes too. And if you can’t see the differences among various assault cases, you aren’t contributing to any solutions.

• Tripper

So you’re comparing a girl who was KILLED with a girl who was FINGERED?

• BooBooLicious10

I’d encourage all of you to check this out:

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083_2137368,00.html

Inside the World’s Most Humane Prison. It is an article by Time Magazine. The prison is in Norway and the maximum sentence for any crime, including murder, is 21 years. They work to REHABILITATE their inmates to be PRODUCTIVE citizens in the real world. The guards don’t even wear guns and play basketball with the inmates. No bars on the windows, flat screen TV’s, artwork, etc… Compare that to the US where we HARDEN our criminals, release them back into society and then think we’re doing the good people in society a “service.”

• BooBooLicious10

Interesting information! Thanks for sharing.

• Mike

At first I thought the drunken trash you were referring to was Brock Turner….

• Mike

I think that train has already left the station…he went to trial and the jury found him guilty. My advice to him would be to take the relatively great deal he got, and don’t appeal. There is very little more the court system can do to Brock Turner. Now you appeal, and all bets are off. The majority of the public wants blood, and the outcome of an appeal could potentially be MUCH WORSE for Brock Turner. You think it’s bad now…the appeal goes bad, and he can be sent away for alot long then the 13+ weeks he will more then likely get when all is said an done.

Hey look I understand the position your in, you have to put a positive spin on this case. But the Hospital and Police backup HER story and he was caught red handed…then fled the scene behind a campus dumpster with an unconscious woman on the ground. You can attack her credibility all you want…it’s not about the stupid things she did…it’s about what he was found guilty doing.

His Father Dan thinks he’s still in a small town in Ohio. His privileged attitude “20 minutes of action” comment shows it. The world wants this kids head on a platter and the Father just doesn’t get it. There are many people doing time in Prison for a whole lot less, then what this kid was found guilty of. Be thankful for a relatively light sentence and move on…

My advice to you…next time you want to feel sorry for Brock Turner you think of the Brian Banks case. Unlike Turner’s case the Bank’s was TOTALLY fabricated.
    “In the summer of 2002, Banks was arrested and charged after classmate Wanetta Gibson falsely accused him of dragging her into a stairway at Polytechnic High School (Poly) and raping her. Faced with a possible 41 years to life sentence, he accepted a plea deal that included five years in prison, five years of probation, and registering as a sex offender. Wanetta Gibson and her mother Wanda Rhodes sued the Long Beach Unified School District, claiming the Poly campus was not a safe environment, and won a $1.5 million settlement.[18][19] In March 2011, Gibson contacted Banks on Facebook, met with him, and admitted that she had fabricated the story.”

• Strykr32

Welcome, here is the paragraph directly above that in the incident report….
    “She went to college for four years. She did a lot of partying there too. It is weird for something to happen to her at a Stanford party, and only to know about it because someone told her.”

And regarding his use of weed and possibly other drugs, there is no way for an outsider to know the context of text messages. He could have just been joking. For instance in high school I had allergies and my eyes would often be red in the morning after inserting contact lenses; some people thought I was stoned so I’d just let them and even play it up.

The NCAA and Olympics do drug testing and not just for steroids but also street drugs; marijuana is included among street drugs, so doubtful that an NCAA swimmer and Olympic hopeful is going to be that much into recreational drug use.
    http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/policy/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing
    http://list.wada-ama.org/by-substance/#M-group

• BooBooLicious10

Re My needing to put a positive spin: I not trying nor need to do anything except get down to the reality of the situation. I’m neither for nor against either of them. IMHO, they were both dolts who drank too much alcohol and one night of stupidity has stained each of their lives forever.

If she was drunk standing at the top of Niagra Falls and fell in, should we blame the Falls? Or should we blame the gov’t for not making the railing and signage more prominent? Or should we blame her for being daft and not utilizing common sense?

We as a society need to start holding INDIVIDUALS accountable for their own ignorance. What Brock did was wrong (assuming it wasn’t consensual which none of us know because we weren’t there). But none of that ever happens if the woman in question utilized just the smallest bit of basic good judgement in the first place.

My other issue is with the administering of “justice.” If they were both drunk (which certainly appears to be the case), why does the person with the Y Chromosome bear more responsibility? Does science prove this Y Chromosome somehow magically makes one individual more liable than an individual who doesn’t have one?

Re: Hospital and Police… how do they know when she passed out? What if she passed out literally a minute before the Swedes came by and Brock didn’t notice? I doubt that’s the case, but it’s possible. The point being is that we don’t really know. And these two individuals who were drunk might not even remember the real truth.

And regarding the items in her hair, the scrapes, etc… she was WAY drunk… how many times might she have fallen on her own? And how did she get behind the dumpster? Brock doesn’t look very big… unless she was some super petite girl, it’s unlikely that he carried here there. So maybe she willingly went there with him. Maybe she even suggested it. Remember they were BOTH drunk.

Re: Running… perhaps he ran because he was embarrassed having sex in public. Maybe he didn’t want his swim coach to find out that he was having (what he might have believed to be consensual) sex in public for fear of being booted off the team. Maybe he didn’t realize she was unconscious until the Swedes pointed it out to him (if she blacked out during sex). Again, we can’t possibly know.

Re: His father… I’ll bet both of our Dad’s don’t things about us we haven’t shared with them. Both of our Dad’s probably think somewhat better of us as a result. Especially at age 19… when you screw up, you don’t want to admit it to your parents. So yes, I agree the father is living in a bubble, but at the same time, it’s completely natural for a father to do everything in his power to protect his child. If this was your child, you wouldn’t be begging the judge to add on more time to your own son’s sentence… you’d be trying to reduce it as much as possible. It’s all about perspective.

Re: Brian Banks: He was one of the people I thought of when I wrote my initial post. This is precisely what happens when humans with Y Chromosomes aren’t given the benefit of the doubt. And what happened to the Dos Equis Chromosomes in that case? How much jail time did Wanetta Gibson do for costing Brian Banks a substantial percentage of life behind bars and potentially millions of dollars in NFL money?

Our justice system is supposed to be exact that… “Just.” But it’s not. In this particular instance, men are not treated the same as women when it comes to sexual assault. The men more times than not are “Guilty until proven innocent” instead of the other way around.

• E F Levin

Apple must not have fallen far from the tree.

• alphasierra

Unlikely. Their thought process is probably something like “people like us never get drunk in public and end up behind a dumpster. We are too high class for that. The woman who did that must obviously be from a lower class and a bad character”.

• Strykr32

No, if he appeals, it can’t lengthen his sentence at all.

• Serjo

Where exactly did I say that’s “ok”? All I said was there is no fucking reason to destroy a boy’s life by throwing him in prison for a decade or more.

• Strykr32

According to the Suspect page, PR 003, he is 6’3″ 165 lbs.

Scrapes etc.
    Pg 5 of 9 Supplemental Report, PR 044, Case NO. 15-018-0019U …
    “She
    does not have any noticeable injuries. She also did not feel any pain
    from the incident. She only had a small bruise from the intravenous
    needle, which was used on her while she was in the hospital.”

Regarding how they got there, this is also posted below but not sure how to link to it so copying/pasting here….

Here is the statement Brock Turner gave at 6:36 am, 1-18-15, probably before speaking to his attorney. Case NO. 15-018-0019U, PR 027, 028 and 029…

Statement Of Turner

(S) Turner is an undergraduate student at Stanford University. He resides in the Lagunita Court- Euclipto Dormitory.

He stated that he arrived at the Kappa Alpha house to attend the party with his friend Tom Kremer at about 2300 hours. Throughout the night (S) Turner hooked up with a few girls. By hooked up he meant kissed. Later in the night he went out to the back of the Kappa Alpha house and met a female, later identified as Victim, he described as having dark hair and shorter than him, coming up to about his shoulders. (S) Turner is 6′ 3″. She was with one other female he thought was her friend. They were drinking some beer at the rear of the Kappa Alpha house and started to kiss. The beer was provided by his friend Tom Kremer. Tom Kremer was the only person he was at the party with. Please refer to Dep. Dotsy’s supplement for Tom Kremer’s statement.

(S) Turner stated that he and Victim kissed a little and then Victim subject walked away from the house while they were holding hands. He followed Victim to a location away from the house and ended up on the ground kissing. He stated that he kissed Victim while on the ground. He took off the Victim’s underwear and fingered her vagina. He also touched the Victim’s breasts. (S)Turner stated that he is right handed and used his right hand to finger Victim and touch her breasts. (S)Turner stated that Victim rubbed his back with both hands while he was kissing and fingering her. (S)Turner stated that the entire encounter took place within a span of about five minutes. (S)Turner does not know the identity of Victim. He never got her name and was not able to really describe her. He stated that he probably would not be able to recognize victim if he saw her again.

(S)Turner stated that he never took his pants off and his penis was never exposed. He did not penetrate Victim’s vagina with his penis.

(S)Turner started to not feel well and decided that it was getting late. He said that he got up to leave and was suddenly tackled by a group of guys.

When asked why he ran, he stated that he doesn’t think he ran. (S)Turner explains that the guys approached him as he was getting up and started getting physical with him. He said that he ended up on the ground near the basketball court about 10 yards away from victim.

He then stated that he doesn’t remember what happened after he stood up from Victim and ended up being pinned on the ground. He does remember yelling for help after being pinned on the ground.

By the time (S)Turner hooked up with Victim he had already consumed about seven cans of Rolling Rock beer and a couple swigs of Fireball, which is a cinnamon flavored whiskey. He stated that he was drunk but was able to remember everything that happened. His head was a little fuzzy due to the effects of the alcohol but he consciously decided to engage in the sexual activity with Victim. He was having a good time with Victim and stated that she also seemed to enjoy the activity.

(S)Turner stated that his “intentions were not to try and rape a girl without her consent”. He just wanted to “hook up” with a girl.

• Mike

Maybe someday you’ll understand the difference between “Rape Culture” BS on most Campuses….and a real rape in progress. By all accounts this was the real deal….as the jury and most of the public now believe…

A Swedish student hailed as a “hero” in the Stanford University rape case for his role in stopping a former college student from further sexually assaulting his unconscious victim, has spoken publicly for the first time about witnessing the distressing scene.

Carl-Fredrik Arndt and his friend Peter Jonsson, two Swedish students, were cycling past Stanford University student Brock Turner as he sexually assaulted a partially clothed woman behind a trash bin. “She was unconscious. The entire time. I checked her and she didn’t move at all,” Carl-Fredrik Arndt said.

Arndt and his friend later told authorities that they saw Turner on top of the victim “AGGRESSIVELY THRUSTING HIS HIPS INTO HER”.

The men saw Turner on top of the woman, who they realized was not moving, and intervened. Turner tried to flee, but the students tackled and pinned him down until police arrived and arrested him.

“Arndt had to stop and take several deep breaths before being able to resume giving me his statement. He said it was a very disturbing event for him to witness and be involved in, but he just reacted to the situation at hand without really thinking.”

Mr Jonsson had chased and tackled Turner to the ground, while Mr Arndt checked the victim was still breathing, before helping his friend pin the attacker down until police arrived.

• Mike

Swedish student speaks…

• Mike

” if BROCK appeals his guilty verdict and is awarded a retrial, he has forfeited his double jeopardy rights as it applies to that instance of the case. Therefore, if he’s found guilty a second time, he can receive a stiffer sentence”

As always…only time will tell…

• partTimeNavyWife

Where did Anyone say he needed to go to jail for a decade or more? And all of your post are saying that it was ok. Saying it wasn’t rape, saying she don’t remember so there is no trauma, saying he shouldn’t get a fair punishment is also saying it is ok what he did. You were denying it was even rape when that is the reason he was sentenced in the first place.

• Strykr32

He won’t be awarded a retrial if the reversal on appeal is based on insufficient evidence. The reversal is treated as an acquittal and there can be no further prosecution.

• BooBooLicious10

@Mike: Let me ask you:

How did she get behind the dumpster? If he dragged her caveman style, there would be drag marks (both at the scene of the “crime” and on her body. Is it really likely a 165 guy carried her and no one saw it? So if she went there under her own power, why would she go behind a dumpster? Wouldn’t that be an ideal place to make out? Could that be a hint to her intent?

The Swedes say they found her at 12:55. Her cell phone indicates she made two calls at 12:35. So isn’t that some decent evidence that she was probably not passed out just 20 minutes before the Swedes arrived?

What did the hospital report say? Did it show she was penetrated by his pecker? Notice that the Swedes didn’t see his dick nor his fly opened. That’s some pretty amazingly fast action for a drunkard to accomplish once he was “discovered.”

As for thrusting into her… maybe he was fingering her as was claimed. Maybe he was dry humping her (while possibly “thinking” he was actually penetrating her… drunk people do dumb things).

The fact an athletic swimmer couldn’t get away from a Swede holding him down probably also speaks to the level of intoxication he was under. Do you really think an average person could hold you down with their own two hands and you not get away?

From the police report: **”She drank four shots of whiskey at home sometime between 2200 and 2230 hours. She felt kind of buzzed but was coherent and able to function. Her mother dropped them off at the Stanford University campus at about 2315 hours…”**

So she had four shots of whiskey and her own MOTHER thought she was OK to attend the party (not a shocker that her mother was an enabler). So she wasn’t even at Stanford for 2 hours by the time the Swedes saw her. That’s quite a bit to happen in such a short time span. The girl called herself someone who looked like a “librarian” implying that she was no party animal. How many librarians put back shots of whiskey BEFORE attending a party?

Lastly, what do you feel the punishment should be?

• Jon D

From twitter…

• BooBooLicious10

More great info… thanks Strykr!

The fact that he had 7 beers and a couple of swigs of liquor but claims he is able to remember everything is likely either somewhat of an exaggeration or an indicator to the level of alcohol consumption he can take while being cognizant. With the high BAC’s of both of them, it’s highly likely neither of their stories are fully accurate.

• BooBooLicious10

Great points all the way around. Kudos!

• Mike

“if the reversal on appeal is based on insufficient evidence.”
    We shall see then….

• Bill Robinson

I doubt that is in any way an accurate statement of the seriousness that Stanford’s administration or Board of Managers is viewing the problem. It’s a ridiculous post.

• Bill Robinson

Your hysteria is showing as it was in tyour post about Stanford’s efforts to deal with this problem.

• southerninsanity

Look on their website. It’s all there.

• southerninsanity

Rape apologist/troll.

• southerninsanity

She doesn’t have to be “admitted to practice in California” to start the recall process.

• southerninsanity

Rape apologist and troll … those define you perfectly.

• southerninsanity

That’s an insufficient response on Stanford’s part. If you think that’s all they need to do, you really don’t have a clue.

• Bill Robinson

Sorry, you have no credibility whatsoever. You are clearly picking a selective passage that has no relevance to what I’m sure is a very exhaustive effort to deal with an issue that is attracting huge effort from all colleges and universities in America, especially the prestigious schools at the top of the list. I’m sure that includes specific additions to Standord’s administration and lots of dialog among the adminiistration, faculty, students, alumni, and Board.

• Bill Robinson

If you really wanted to research the issue, I expect you could spend many hours in your effort. I am not associated wut Stanford, but I am aware of many efforts on the paert of colleges and universities throughout America.

• Bill Robinson

“It’s all there.” What in blazes is that supposed to mean. Try that on one of your papers for review of your professors and peeers.

• Bill Robinson