The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Graduate Student Council considers funding requests, campus climate survey

The Graduate Student Council (GSC) met Wednesday night to discuss the campus climate survey and student group funding.

The GSC started its meeting with a presentation about the campus climate survey. Despite some concern that it might be impermissible under open meeting rules, the presentation occurred in closed session.

Funding requests were approved for the Stanford Brewing Club, Black Graduate Student Association, Pakistanis at Stanford and the Stanford Graduate First Generation Low Income Partnership. Funding was also approved for the United Nations Association Film Festival. The GSC also discussed how a visit from a French author to Stanford could be supported with funding.

The GSC also discussed an upcoming retreat with the Undergraduate Senate.

The GSC received an update on the Grad Formal event. About 650 tickets have reportedly been sold so far.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.