GSC talks sexual assault, more

On March 30, the Graduate Student Council (GSC) held its regular weekly meeting and unanimously approved a resolution supporting a variety of policies related to sexual assault. A major focus of the bill was increased student training related to sexual assault, but the bill also tackled other components of the issue such as staffing for programs that address sexual assault. The GSC also approved the Nominations Committee that selects student representatives for a variety of Stanford committees.

Students in physics and applied physics and the Stanford Polymer Collective both received approval on requests for funding. The GSC was also briefed on several upcoming social events, including a speed-friending event on April 7 and Grad Formal on May 13, which is currently projected to to cost less than last year’s formal.

ASSU President John-Lancaster Finley ’16 addressed the GSC on several matters, such as the recent decision in the Brock Turner case. The GSC was told that the Faculty Senate will have a closed meeting to discuss faculty reactions to the campus climate survey resolution and that a limited number of student representatives would be attending.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.