When did ‘pro-Israel’ become a bad word?

Sarah Wishingrad’s recent Daily article regarding communal attitudes towards Taglit-Birthright trips to Israel features a quote from Michaela Ben Izzy, who claimed, “Birthright is pro-Israeli by nature.”

My response — so what? Seeing as one of Taglit-Birthright’s stated goals is to “diminish the growing division between Israel and Jewish communities,” Ben Izzy’s comment doesn’t strike me as particularly insightful.

“Pro-Israel” is a vague and amorphous term that takes on different meanings in different contexts. Definitionally, however, the term refers simply to the idea that the State of Israel is worth supporting — in one form or another. For some people, this means valuing Israel as the only true democracy in the region. For others, this means recognizing Israel’s revolutionary contributions to sustainable living practices. Regardless of the definition, being “pro-Israel” is not inherently at odds with being “pro-Palestinian,” although the use of the term in Wishingrad’s article and Ben Izzy’s statements reduces more than a hundred years of Arab-Israeli conflict to the simplicity of a children’s schoolyard brawl.

The implication that there is something inherently problematic about Stanford Hillel’s involvement in promoting free trips to Israel because they may be “pro-Israel” betrays a basic lack of understanding of the region’s nuance.

Furthermore, as someone who “envisions the role of Hillel as a facilitator for discussion and debate,” a statement such as the one Ben Izzy made — “It’s not possible, it turns out, to go to Hillel without encountering pretty intense, pro-Israeli sentiment,” — is painfully hypocritical. If Ben Izzy’s true goal were to further dialogue and discussion on campus, then why would she oppose “pro-Israel sentiment” at Stanford’s center for Jewish life? Doesn’t “discussion and debate” involve engaging with a variety of viewpoints, even those with which you disagree?

I think so, which is why over winter break, I, along with nine other Stanford students — most of whom were not Jewish — boarded a plane to Ben Gurion airport on an organized trip to Israel. The trip was not a Taglit-Birthright trip, but it was one of the group trips targeted by J Street U’s event — and it had been promoted both within and outside of Stanford’s Jewish community.

Over the course of the trip, Stanford’s student delegation asked questions we had always wanted to ask. We learned things we had always wanted to know. About Israel, yes, but also about each other. Our time in Israel held up a mirror, both to American society and to ourselves. Israel asked us, “If not now, when?” Israel asked us, “If not you, who?”

Israel, we found, is both a work of progress and a work in progress. As we all are. But the Israelis we met over the course of the trip were dedicated to pushing that progress ever forward.

During our time in Israel, we met with representatives of Innovation Africa, an organization that brings Israeli technology to African villages, using solar energy to address the electricity needs of over 750,000 people in seven countries. We spoke to Kids for Peace, an organization that fosters dialogue between Palestinian and Israeli youth.

In Jerusalem, we heard from Arab-Israeli journalist Khaled Abu Toameh, who spoke to us about his experiences working in the media and the primary barrier he sees to peace — the factionalism in Palestinian party politics.

And near the end of our trip, we toured Israel’s security barrier with Col. (Res.) Danny Tirza, its chief architect. In addition to explaining the effectiveness of the barrier in preventing terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians, Tirza spoke about his dream for peace — saying that, when peace and security is achieved for Israelis and Palestinians alike, he wants to be the first one to rip the barrier down.

Too often on this campus, we paint extraordinary complexity as black and white. But there are Lebanese refugees who have found homes in Israel; there are Palestinian human rights activists, like Bassem Eid, founder of the Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Organization (PHRMG), who are outspoken critics of the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Movement. There are members of the Israel Defense Force (IDF) who dream of the day when terror attacks are a feature of the past and the security fence can be torn down.

So, after my trip to Israel, am I pro-Israel?

Absolutely.

Is there a problem with that?

Absolutely not.

Being pro-Israel means I understand that the State of Israel has contributed, and will continue to contribute, a multiplicity of positive things to the world and to its people — regardless of race, religion, and ethnic background. It doesn’t mean I believe the State of Israel to be perfect — just as being “pro-American” doesn’t mean one thinks the U.S. is flawless. And if being “pro-Palestine” means hoping for the establishment of a peaceful, two-state solution where Israelis, Palestinians, Druze, Bedouins, and more can live their lives in harmony — then yes, I am pro-Palestine, too.

– Michal Leibowitz

Michal Leibowitz is a fellow with the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA)

Contact Michal Leibowitz at michalgl ‘at’ stanford.edu.

• And yet, those are the figures. How do you explain your ignorance?

• Read the Balfour Declaration pinhead. Israel was carved out of the existing state of Palestine. It’s not a chicken versus egg question because the history and the primary documents show you to be woefully ignorant. Try a public library before you post inanities the next time.

• mls31286

OhioAhmad – You and Dru are poster childs for my point. You again jump right to rhetoric and no factual evidence to back up your lies.

“violently taking over someone else’s house and killing their children” What an absurd line of statement. You distorters of history like to pretend Kfar Etzion and Hassadah Medical convoy massacres where Jews were murdered by Arabs didn’t happen well before the creation of Israel. You act as if there was such thing as a state of Palestine even though it was a British colony that both Jews and Arabs were fighting against. And most of all, you disregard international law which recognized Jewish self determination and the state of Israel while defending a people who actually tried to ethnically cleanse the Jews from Israel.

Muslims have killed 11 million other Muslims since 1948. Israel has killed 40,000, mostly in wars. When India/Pakistan was partitioned, millions died and tens of millions became refugees, all to be resettled in the end. The Palestinians are the only refugees to be refugees as long as they have. Why? Because they and people like you want to destroy Israel – not make peace.

Tell all the lies you want. Use as strong as rhetoric as you want. But that will never move anyone toward peace. It keeps the conflict going…which seems to be exactly what you want.

• Pat Nguyen

Long Live the Nakba

At least until Palestinian leadership gets serious

• mls31286

“And yet illegal squatters are burning entire families alive.” I can think of two instances of this in the past few years. There was the Abu Khadeir, in which those who did the act have life in prison. And there was the Duma attack, in which those who did it have life in prison. Over 80% of Israeli’s after the Duma attack said it was a terrorist attack they deplore. I know it’s a crazy concept, but there are bad Israeli’s just like there are bad people in every society. It’s just absurd that a small minority of Israeli’s can do something bad and you are fine to apply that to the whole society but a large majority of Palestinians according to every poll ever taken support the murder of civilians yet you defend them as if they are innocent angels just trying to live their lives.

After the Abu Khadeir murder, Rachel Frankel, the mother of one the 3 Jewish children that was murdered, condemned the murder of Abu Khadeir and said it is against everything she believes in. Meanwhile, Hamas called the murderers of the 3 Israeli teens hero’s. The PA posted memes on facebook of three mice with Yamaka’s and celebrated by handing out candy in Gaza and the West Bank. The PA pays those who murder women and children civilians a salary, praises them as hero’s and names stadiums and squares after them. There are daily stabbings of Israeli’s currently happening you proud supporters of Jewish Voice for Peace seem to care nothing about the fact that Palestinians children are raised to hate and kill Jews.

I am against Israel’s settlement policy just like many Israeli’s and diaspora Jews. But to act as if the conflict is about settlements would be to deny history. Israel accepted the partition in 1947. David Ben Gurion bombed the Altalena, an Jewish Irgun weapons ship in order to make a truce with the Arabs even though the Jews had the upper hand and were about to take over East Jerusalem. Jordan occupied the West Bank and Egypt Gaza from 1948-1967 yet no one cared about it then – why not? Not Jewish? Israeli prime minister Eshkol called the King of Jordan and asked him not to get involved in 1967 and they wouldn’t take the West Bank but Jordan said they would not stand down. Israel wanted to negotiate the return of land in 1967 but go the 3 NOs of Khartoum, No negotiations, No Recognition and No Peace.

Israel gave back the Sinai to Egypt for peace proving they are willing to give up land.

Speaking of Bibi hating Sharon’s idea, who doesn’t at this point? Sharon withdrew from Gaza unilaterally which was a big security and political risk. I respect him for that. The world said Gaza would become the next Singapore. Bibi said it would become a rocket launching pad. Who was right? Oh yeah, Bibi…I don’t think any Palestinian or Israeli is happy with the outcome of the Gaza withdrawal currently.

By focusing only on the settlements from 1967 onward and placing no onus on the Palestinians will not even come close to leading to peace. Netanyahu was elected not because people support settlements but because people like Jstreet and JVP have scared Israeli’s into a corner where they elected him out of fear of everyone turning against them and no one understanding them.

Bassem Eid is a Palestinian raised in Hebron and was boo’d and heckled by SJP and BDS supporters making a speech about Palestinian Human rights. But yeah, keep on claiming you support peace and human rights when your hat is in the ring with people who shout slogans, heckle and scream over anyone who wants actual debate, be him Palestinian or Jew.

What actions have the Palestinians ever taken to achieve peace? How big the Palestinian peace camp looking to achieve the two state solution?

Hamas and the PA have been assassinating each other since the early 21st century and can’t make peace. Hamas refuses to recognize Israel’s right to exist and has in their charter to kill all Jews. Abbas has said not one Jew will be allowed in a future Palestine not to mention you get the death penalty for selling your home to a Jew and that Jews filthy feet can’t touch the floor of Al Asqa. What do you expect a future Palestinian state to look like? Yemen? Syria? Lybia? Iraq? Sounds like a bright future…

You claim ethinic cleansing but the Arab population in Israel has grown as has the Palestinian population in both the West Bank and Gaza. But at the same time, you have no care the minorities are actually getting ethnically cleansed for real across the Middle East. More people have died in Syria in the past year the whole Israel/Palestinian conflict. A future Palestine is not allowed to have Jews but you have no problem with it. Why?

11 million Muslims have been killed by other Muslims. Arab nations have been at war with Israel, which is the size of a pea relative, shouting about destroying the country since it’s existence. Meanwhile, Israel has killed 40,000 mostly in wars. Israel treats close to a half a million Palestinians a year in their hospitals. Israel Arabs overwhelmingly say they want to remain citizens of Israel rather than live in a future Palestine. Palestinians in the West Bank are more highly educated and have higher life expectancy’s than all other Arab countries in the Middle East.

You can cite the Geneva convention all you want but Alan Baker, who knows infinitely more about International Law proves you have no clue what you are talking about. UN Resolution 242 also directly contradicts your views as the land is disputed to be determined in negotiations as the authors of the document confirm.

Israel is not perfect. There are bad Israeli’s. There are bad IDF soldiers. There are bad settlers. But the majority of Israeli society is yearning for peace and willing to give up the settlements according to every poll ever taken (See Herzog’s recent editorial on his plane to unilaterally withdraw from the west bank). There is such a different level of hatred reserved for Israel than there is for any other country violating human rights in some way (which is every country), many countries violating rights worse than Israel under little to no scrutiny. It’s just sad for a Jew not to see this and understand. When Israel is the only country in the world with a standing agenda in the UNHRC and has more resolutions against it than all other countries combined, as a Jew, maybe you should say, well, they are judging Israel unfairly as compared to every other country so I need to have it’s back. I will criticize it, but no way will I support a boycott as then I’m part of a group that wants Israel to disappear.

I have stated all facts above. I challenge you to prove them wrong. Saying a statement such as “Go try and fool someone who was not raised in Zionism as I was” shows your arrogance and ignorance. There are all different types of Zionists with different views – that’s the great part about Israel. But like everyone else, you choose to apply two standards. Palestinians elected Hamas and go on daily stabbing spree’s but in reality they are peace loving people and can’t be held responsible for the actions of others. Israel elected Netanyahu and once in a blue moon a settler commits a terrorist act beyond graffiti and every Jew in Israel is bad and does not want peace. It’s just sad.

• mls31286

“Do you really think that making juvenile comments like yours helps Israel?”

You are the definition of a hypocrite. You make a juvenile comment right after your statement “Do Not Pass Go, Do not Collect $200.” You are incredibly into yourself. Have you ever changed your mind about anything or admitted you are wrong or are you just always the smartest guy in the room and right? And how does BDS help the Palestinians or Israel? Israel froze settlements for 10 months in 2008 and Abbas wouldn’t even come to the table? Israel has offered peace, the most lucrative during the Clinton parameters and the Palestinians responded by bombing Israeli’s in buses and restaurants on a weekly basis.

Please explain how Israel is an Apartheid state when Arabs serve in the Knesset, as lawyers, judges and doctors. The only Apartheid’s in the middle east are Arab Muslim nations which of course you ignore.

Please also explain how Israel has transferred 754,000 settlers. They did no such thing. Keep on making things up though. Article 49 which you keep referencing refers to the involuntary transfer – there was never any involuntary transfer of Jews to the settlements. This is not debatable. More specifically, it was referring to situations like the mass Nazi transfer of Jews, which Israeli settlements are nothing of the sort.

You can pass go, but you don’t deserve the $200 (see – I can be snarky too…).

• mls31286

It is illegal to apply the law of the occupier in occupied territories. Nice try though. In asking Israel to apply their law you are asking them to break the law.

• mls31286

OhioAhmad – Ethiopians living in Israel disagree with you.

“Ethiopian Jews living in Israel are not refugees, as is presented in BSN’s endorsement. Ethiopian Jews are Israeli citizens, who have the right to exercise freedom of speech, petition, and assembly. Thus, it is within the rights of these citizens to protest grievances as Israeli citizens. This is not to say that racism and the integration of Ethiopian Jews is not an issue within the country. Publicized protests in Israel represent the frustration that Ethiopians feel about discrimination and their socio-economic struggles. These conflicts, however, can be easily misrepresented within a false ‘us versus them’ narrative. To the contrary, discussing this particular issue, while simultaneously calling for the “dismantling of a Zionist settler-colonial framework” showcases a great misunderstanding of the objective of Ethiopian-Israeli protesters. Protesters want to drive discussions with government and policy-makers so as to encourage policy that would alleviate the socio-economic hardships of a community that has struggled to integrate. Using their difficulties to fuel an anti-Israel agenda is not only unfair to their initiative, it is unfair to a student body that may not have enough information to develop an opinion on the matter.” Zahra Habib – Ethiopian Jew

Non-Orthodox Jews can get married, just not under the highest religious authority. The State will still marry them – nice try though. Do you want me to go into marriage Law in the Palestinian Territories or other Arab nations because they are much worse?

Women sit in the back of buses? Again, another lie by you as we got to see democracy work in Israel. “Israel’s Supreme Court ruled in 2011 that men and women could sit separately on buses only if they did so voluntarily; women are no longer required to sit in the back of buses.” But do you want to go into Women’s rights in the Palestinian territories and other Arab countries. Just yesterday it was stated women need chaperons to drive in Gaza…and can’t drive in Saudi Arabia. How about those honor killings? I guess your rules only apply to Jews…

So you state 3 lies off the bat – you can’t be trusted.

• Palestine was never a “British colony” – your claim shows you to be the foolish person trying to pass off wild-eyed assertions in place of facts.

I would suggest that you learn about Jan Smuts. He was the man who birthed the League of Nations, After the Great War, the major powers saw colonization as the problem that led to the wars in the first place.

The state of Palestine was held in a “sacred civilizational trust” under Article 22 of the League of Nations Covenant:

“To those colonies and territories which as a consequence of the late war have ceased to be under the sovereignty of the States which formerly governed them and which are inhabited by peoples not yet able to stand by themselves under the strenuous conditions of the modern world, there should be applied the principle that the well-being and development of such peoples form a sacred trust of civilisation and that securities for the performance of this trust should be embodied in this Covenant …

Certain communities formerly belonging to the Turkish Empire have reached a stage of development where their existence as independent nations can be provisionally recognized subject to the rendering of administrative advice and assistance by a Mandatory until such time as they are able to stand alone. The wishes of these communities must be a principal consideration in the selection of the Mandatory.”

— League of Nations Covenant 1924 (paragraphs 1,4)

Palestine was a protected Class-A mandate state twenty-four years before Israel was created under UNGA 181.

• Mike

Just a heads up: CAMERA is an Israeli funded advocacy and propaganda outlet. This op-ed is simply marketing for “Brand Israel”.

• “4. The participating High Contracting Parties emphasize the continued applicability and relevance of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which all High Contracting Parties have undertaken to respect and to ensure respect for in all circumstances. As such, they call on the Occupying Power to fully and effectively respect the Fourth Geneva Convention in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem. They also remind the Occupying Power of its obligation to administer the Occupied Palestinian Territory in a way which fully takes into account the needs of the civilian population while safeguarding its own security, and notably preserve its demographic characteristics …

8. The participating High Contracting Parties express their deep concern about the impact of the continued occupation of the Occupied Palestinian Territory. They recall that, according to the advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice of 9 July 2004, the construction of the wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including in and around East Jerusalem, at least insofar as it deviates from the Green Line, and its associated regime, are contrary to international humanitarian law. They equally express their deep concern, from an international humanitarian law standpoint, about certain measures taken by the Occupying Power in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including the closure of the Gaza Strip. They reaffirm the illegality of the settlements in the said territory and of the expansion thereof and of related unlawful seizure of property as well as of the transfer of prisoners into the territory of the Occupying Power.”

High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Conventions December 17th, 2014

You can be snarky when you are right. I’ve spent since 1972 researching these issues and writing about them for the last twenty-six years as the editor of BBSNews.

I have interviewed wide ranging subjects from the Mayor of London to the Secretary General of the United Nations.

And you?

• Wow, just wow. I’ve rarely seen such ignorance.

“A series of military decrees, legal rulings and legislative amendments have resulted in a situation whereby Israeli citizens living in the Occupied Territories remain under the jurisdiction of Israeli law and the Israeli court system, with all the benefits that this confers. The High Court of Justice has ruled that the rights enshrined in Israel’s Basic Laws (equivalent to constitutional provisions) apply equally to these citizens, despite the fact that they do not reside in sovereign Israeli territory. A substantial portion of Israeli Law is also applied within the Occupied Territories to “Jews according to the Law of Return” and yet are not Israeli citizens.

By contrast, Palestinians in the West Bank are subject to much stricter military legal law – military orders that have been issued by IDF Generals since 1967. This is in addition to Jordanian Laws that preceded the region’s occupation. Unlike Israeli citizens, Palestinians are tried in military tribunals for every crime from traffic violations to the theft of a carton of milk from the grocery store.”

The Association for Civil Rights Israel (ACRI) in the report ‘One Rule, Two Legal Systems’ November 24th, 2014

And from B’Tselem:

“Although settlers in the Occupied Territories live in an area that is subject to military rule, and despite the fact that the settlements have not been formally annexed, Israel has applied a substantial part of Israeli law to the settlers. As a result, Israeli civilians living in the Occupied Territories are not subject to military or local law, as are the Palestinians, but are prosecuted according to the Israeli penal law.

The Emergency Regulations (Offenses in the Occupied Territories – Jurisdiction and Legal Assistance), 5727-1967, enacted by the Minister of Defense in July 1967, provided that Israeli civilians who have committed offenses in the Occupied Territories can be tried also in Israeli civil courts. This created extra-territorial personal status for Israeli civilians in the Occupied Territories. Since then, the Knesset has regularly extended these regulations.

Being subject to the Israeli judicial system, settlers enjoy liberties and legal guarantees that are denied Palestinian defendants in the Occupied Territories charged with the same offense. The authority to arrest an individual, the maximum period of detention before being brought before a judge, the right to meet with an attorney, the protections available to defendants at trial, the maximum punishment allowed by law, and the release of prisoners before completion of their sentence – all of these differ greatly in the two systems of law, with the Israeli system providing the suspect and defendant with many more protections.

Thus, different legal systems are applied to two populations residing in the same area, and the nationality of the individual determines the system and court in which he or she is tried. This situation violates the principle of equality before the law, especially given the disparity between the two systems. It also violates the principle of territoriality, conventional in modern legal approaches, according to which a single system of law must apply to all persons living in the same territory.”

Excerpted from ‘Dual system of law’ January 1st, 2011

• Hey editors! How about going to the DISQUS admin page, and setting the links to something other than black? Link blue might be nice or red, or yellow, or something so people can see when links to primary sources are included. I try to make sure that I have a link to primary source documents to provide clarity and lend gravitas to the debate using actual true information from reliable sources as opposed to propaganda.

However, you currently have the links set to black and no one can see the links. Thanks for allowing the links in the first place, but I don’t see who you censored the photo of the IDF using a kid tied to a jeep as a Human Shield. That was just not cricket.

• So sad, Google must not work for you and yet you can comment with made up nonsense?

“This weekend, a report revealing that African women immigrating to Israel were subjected to mandatory contraceptive injections, effectively amounting to forced (if temporary) sterilization made global headlines.

Some 130,000 Ethiopians, most of them Jewish, live in Israel. The community experiences higher poverty and unemployment rates than the rest of the country’s Jewish population. In the past decade, the birth rate among Ethiopian-Israelis has declined by at least 20 percent. Advocacy groups now claim this decline is the result of a birth control regimen forced upon Ethiopian immigrant women.”

Forbes Magazine, Israel Forcibly Injected African Immigrants with Birth Control, Report Claims, January 28th, 2013

• Are you a Vietnamese refugee in the United States?

• mls31286

Calling it a Colony is a “wild-eyed assertion”…seriously, your arrogance in unmatched.

Definition of Mandate: An authorization granted by the League of Nations to a member nation to govern a former German or Turkish colony. The territory was called a mandated territory, or mandate.

Definition of Colony: a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country

If you govern something doesn’t that mean it would be under political control.

Wow – those two things are so drastically different – what an wide-eyed assertion. Calling out technicalities for no reason really helps the debate and will lead to peace. (sarcasm)

You cite the League of Nations Covenant from 1924 while ignoring the San Remo conference in 1920 and the fact the land was promised to the Jews to develop a Jewish homeland

Article 2: The Mandatory shall be responsible for placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self -governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion.

Article 3: The Mandatory shall,so far as circumstances permit, encourage local autonomy.

Article 4: An appropriate Jewish agency shall be recognised as a public body for the purpose of advising and co-operating with the Administration of Palestine in such economic, social and other matters as may affect the establishment of the Jewish national home and the interests of the Jewish population in Palestine, and, subject always to the control of the Administration, to assist and take part in the development of the country.

The Zionist organisation, so long as its organisation and constitution are in the opinion of the Mandatory appropriate, shall be recognised as such agency. It shall take steps in consultation with His Britannic Majesty’s Government to secure the cooperation of all Jews who are willing to assist in the establishment of the Jewish national home.

Article 6: The Administration of Palestine, while ensuring that the rights and position of other sections of the population are not prejudiced, shall facilitate Jewish immigration under suitable conditions and shall encourage, in co-operation with the Jewish agency. referred to in Article 4, close settlement by Jews, on the land, including State lands and waste lands not required for public purposes

Article 7: The Administration of Palestine shall be responsible for enacting a nationality law. There shall be included in this law provisions framed so as to facilitate the acquisition of Palestinian citizenship by Jews who take up their permanent residence in Palestine.

• mls31286

Michael Hess – Again being completely condescending with a point that can be rebuffed. You are sending a second hand article that does not contain Israel’s position. Europe is currency holding Syrian refugees in camps, letting them drown off the coast, but crickets. Israel takes in Ethiopian refugees and people like you have to find a way to bring them down.

“The Joint said in a response to ‘Vacuum’ that its family planning workshops are among the services it provides to immigrants, who learn about spacing out their children’s birth, ‘but we do not advise them to have small families. It is a matter of personal choice, but we tell them it is possible. The claims by the women according to which ‘refusal to have the injection will bar them from medical care [and] economic aid and threaten their chances to immigrate to Israel are nonsense. The medical team does not intervene directly or indirectly in economic aid and the Joint is not involved in the aliyah procedures. With regard to the use of Depo Provera, studies indicate that is the most popular form of birth control among women in Ethiopia,'”

“In its response to ‘Vacuum,’ the Health Ministry said it did not “recommend or try to encourage the use of Depo Provera, and that if these injections were used it was against our position. The Health Ministry provides individual family counseling in the framework of its well baby clincs and this advice is also provided by the physicians of the health maintenance organizations.'”

“At present, the rate of modern contraceptive use in Amhara Region is 33% indicating a significant demand, as contraceptive services have become more available to the public. Even now, there is an unmet demand for contraceptive services in this region of over 20%. To give you an idea of the rise in this service, in 2005, 15.7% used modern contraception in Amhara region. Injectable contraceptives are the most desired throughout the country. They are easy, culturally preferred, and offer the ability to be on birth control without a woman informing her husband, which is an issue here. I appreciate the chance to set this record straight.” Rick Hodes, MD, MACP, Medical Director, AJJDC-Ethiopia

“But, is it true, as Gabai says to one of her interviewees, an Ethiopian mother of four, “they told you [having children is] forbidden in Israel”? The mother, who said she intends to have more children, replied: “No, why forbidden? There are loads of children. What, why forbidden?”

“As demographer Petra Naihmas notes in the Demographic Research journal: “Ethiopian immigrants arrived from a rural, less developed country, where traditionally children have an important economic role to play. Obviously, within a developed urban economy, children are a net economic burden upon the parents until early adulthood and there is an emphasis on the future returns to investment in the education of children. The economic incentive to reduce fertility exists.”

“According to a 2007 USAID report, many women in Ethiopia want birth control and are unable to get it; 34 percent of Ethiopian women want family planning services to prolong the time between births, or to prevent additional pregnancies. In their Ethiopian clinics, the JDC provides these critical, sought-after family planning services, and women are treated there from their own free will. These are the same services that are offered in thousands of programs around the world, run, for example, by the United Nations Population Fund.”

I can google just fine, thank you.

• Kid, I gave you solid references that you did not read or you would not be embarrassing yourself. San Remo adopted Balfour verbatim. Perhaps this important part of Balfour (THIS IS A LINK) escaped your notice:

“…it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine…”

This was adopted verbatim in San Remo and in the Palestine Mandate (THIS IS A LINK):

“…Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have agreed, for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, to entrust to a Mandatory selected by the said Powers the administration of the territory of Palestine, which formerly belonged to the Turkish Empire, within such boundaries as may be fixed by them; and

Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people …”

You might also note that in the Israeli declaration of independence the Balfour Declaration plays a prominent role. But wait, there’s more!

You were answered directly by none other than Sir Winston Churchill in 1922! Can you believe it? Little ol’ you answered directly by a very prominent figure from history:

“Unauthorized statements have been made to the effect that the purpose in view is to create a wholly Jewish Palestine. Phrases have been used such as that Palestine is to become “as Jewish as England is English.” His Majesty’s Government regard any such expectation as impracticable and have no such aim in view. Nor have they at any time contemplated, as appears to be feared by the Arab delegation, the disappearance or the subordination of the Arabic population, language, or culture in Palestine. They would draw attention to the fact that the terms of the Declaration referred to do not contemplate that Palestine as a whole should be converted into a Jewish National Home, but that such a Home should be founded `in Palestine.’ In this connection it has been observed with satisfaction that at a meeting of the Zionist Congress, the supreme governing body of the Zionist Organization, held at Carlsbad in September, 1921, a resolution was passed expressing as the official statement of Zionist aims “the determination of the Jewish people to live with the Arab people on terms of unity and mutual respect, and together with them to make the common home into a flourishing community, the upbuilding of which may assure to each of its peoples an undisturbed national development.”

British White Paper of 1922 by Winston Churchill <- THAT IS A LINK. [Emphasis mine.]

In short, the evidence is very clear and that's why you have heard it for so many years, although I suspect you are very young, that Israel is outside of its borders. Never in the history of Palestine was it contemplated that all of Palestine was to become a Jewish national home as Churchill made clear to you above in the Churchill White Paper of 1922.

Do proper research. Don't try and cherry pick references that fit your prejudices, follow the evidence where it leads and then you will understand what world diplomats, Israeli officials and Israeli commentators as well as human rights groups have been saying all this time.

You are wrong.

• mls31286

Really, you’ve rarely seen such ignorance, well I have never seen such arrogance. You don’t have many friends do you…

I am a logical person that can be convinced of others views if the evidence is provided. You provided good evidence and I learned something. You don’t have to be a jerk about it. I’m not going to lie – you seem smart – but you are not right 100% of the time, so why don’t you try listening and conversing in a civilized way for a change instead of being an arrogant ahole.

My rebuff here is when the bill passed until 2014, there were powerful Israeli politicians against the bill and that are still fighting the bill (Livni and Lapid). Further, it Abbas has already admitted he expects some of the largest settlement blocks to remain part of Israel with land swaps, although this doesn’t justify breaking the law.

“Judea and Samaria (the West Bank) is home to 350,000 Israeli citizens that vote for the Knesset, but their lives are not managed by it because the Israeli law does not apply. This is unacceptable situation which harms residents and undoubtedly infringes on their rights, discriminating against them,” the bill touted.

Justice Minister Livni, who voted against the bill, slammed it, saying “the real goal of this bill is to normalize an abnormal situation – an expanding occupation masquerading as civil rights.”

Meretz Chairwomen Zehava Gal-On slammed the bill, saying “The Knesset is attempting to take on the responsibilities of a military commander in the territories, who is the sovereign of an occupied territory, and extend on settlements the norms prevalent in Israel, a sovereign country.”

You still have not addressed many of my other points but if figures because you probably pick and choose as you have not rebuttal to the others.

While the whole Arab Muslim world burns, everyone wants to focus on the one country where Arabs openly admit they get to live better lives, in Israel. Instead bleeding heart liberals side with the people who have the worst human rights records in the world, rampant mass murder and genocide, zero cases of democracy and almost no contribution to the world in terms of medicine and technology, now two of the most critical aspects of life. This could have been over in 1947. It could have been over from 1947-1967 when no once cared about Jordan or Egypt’s occupation because it didn’t involve Jews.

The saddest part about the whole thing, is 79% Palestinians actually believe they won the last Gaza war and 86% support shooting rockets at Israel civilians. With all of the death and destruction, the Palestinians still believe they won. Death means nothing to them. Until they love life more than death and until people actually support the two groups working together instead of pure hatred for each other, there will never be peace.

• Israel’s “position” is that they admitted this forced sterilization with birth control. Stop playing boy:

“A government official has for the first time acknowledged the practice of injecting women of Ethiopian origin with the long-acting contraceptive Depo-Provera.

Health Ministry Director General Prof. Roni Gamzu has instructed the four health maintenance organizations to stop the practice as a matter of course.”

Israel Admits Ethiopian Women Were Given Birth Control Shots, Haaretz January 27th, 2013 <- THAT IS A LINK

• “It is illegal to apply the law of the occupier in occupied territories. Nice try though. In asking Israel to apply their law you are asking them to break the law.”

By some anonymous person calling itself “MLS31286”

You can be arrogant when you get one right. Pardon my being not impressed by anyone who wants to justify Israeli Apartheid that is putting this country, the US, in danger as well as the Jews in my family.

Perhaps you have not noticed the Trump phenom? Did you see just how quickly this racist xenophobe shot to the top of the charts and is now going to be the Republican nominee for the presidential election? If the militant Zionists get their wish, all Jews around the world will be blamed for these crimes of the Israeli government because so many people have swallowed whole the Israeli paid Hasbara and are convinced that all Jews on this planet are in some sort of cahoots to commit these crimes all in lockstep together. I’m sure that will be news to Sarah Silverman…

Have you read Martin Niemoller’s lament lately? Here’s the deal, the longer that people refuse to see the evidence right in front of their face, like the fact that more than 754,000 illegal squatters in Palestine get to vote in Israeli elections for even more Apartheid while four million Palestinians on their own land in their own state protected back in 1924 do not get a vote, the more the resistance/terrorism is going to increase and it is growing by leaps and bounds now.

What about Islamic State? They are using the template set forth by the state that used terrorism and military force to create their state first, Israel. Take a few moments and go to a library and read about the Irgun, learn about LEHI and all the other yishuv terrorist groups.

Perhaps pick up a copy of Anonymous Soldiers: The Struggle for Israel 1917 – 1947, by Bruce Hoffman, [Knopf 2015] and see where you are getting this so wrong.

This is getting quickly to the point where it will all get a life of its own. The unintended consequences of getting this wrong is a very good reason for getting it right.

Apartheid and fascism are not American values nor are they Jewish values. There must be a decoupling of this issue from Judaism before there is a no unforeseen catastrophe.

• mls31286

What was done to prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine before the Arabs declared a war of annihilation against the Jews? The partition was legal by all standards of International Law. Are you saying that the Arabs are entitled to wage a continuous war until all Jews are gone based on the above?

“They would draw attention to the fact that the terms of the Declaration referred to do not contemplate that Palestine as a whole should be converted into a Jewish National Home, but that such a Home should be founded `in Palestine”

I’m not sure your point here. I agree Israel should withdraw almost completely from the West Bank with land swaps. Israel does not compromise the full territory currently.

This conflict is complicated – to call me ignorant and tell me to do my research on things that aren’t basic in any sense of the words is just not a good way to make a point.

• diogenes

Oh, of course.

• diogenes

I don’t know when “pro-Israel” became a bad word. I imagine it varies from person to person. It became one for me when my friend came back from a year there and told me about his experiences and responses. He was Jewish and it was several decades ago.

But I do know what KEEPS “pro-Israel” a bad word. What could be more obvious? Now that the internet exists it is no longer possible for the owners and controlers of major media to limit views available to the public to what they want seen. And of course, as with my friend, there’s always eyewitness testimony, which is best. Another friend, also Jewish, married a Palestinian woman. His in-laws have been an education for him, about the conditions of police state apartheid and violent racist oppression they live under, and I’m sure I’m not the only one he’s spoken with about it. So you see, word spreads.

• mls31286

Yes, and all the quotes I provided are from Israel officials and directly contradict what Gamzu says. You are quoting one Israeli and accepting it as true regardless of evidence to the contrary, including from Rick Hodes who was directly involved.

It’s funny how things work – The Palestinians can talk about killing Jews, about any peace agreement just being a step in the process to destroying Israel, about the river to the sea, Palestine will be free but you seem to have no problem with it? But one Israeli says something bad is happening and it’s without a doubt true and reflects all of Israel society.

“Whoever is killed by a Jew receives the reward of two martyrs, because the very thing that the Jews did to the prophets was done to him.

“The Jews are the most despicable and contemptible nation to crawl upon the face of the Earth, because they have displayed hostility to Allah.

“Allah will kill the Jews in the hell of the world to come, just like they killed the believers in the hell of this world.

“The Jews kill anyone who believes in Allah. They do not want to see any peace whatsoever on Earth.” – Atallah Abu Al-Subh, former Hamas minister of culture

“We have liberated Gaza, but have we recognized Israel? Have we given up our lands occupied in 1948? We demand the liberation of the West Bank, and the establishment of a state in the West Bank and Gaza, with Jerusalem as its capital – but without recognizing [Israel]. This is the key – without recognizing the Israeli enemy on a single inch of land…

“Our plan for this stage is to liberate any inch of Palestinian land, and to establish a state on it. Our ultimate plan is [to have] Palestine in its entirety. I say this loud and clear so that nobody will accuse me of employing political tactics. We will not recognize the Israeli enemy. ” – Hamas leader Mahmoud Al-Zahhar

“For the Palestinian people, death has become an industry… This is why [we] have formed human shields of the women, the children, [and] the elderly.” – Senior Hamas official, Fathi Hamad

On the existence of Palestine:

“Palestine and Jordan are one…” said King Abdullah in 1948.

“The truth is that Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan,” said King Hussein of Jordan, in 1981.

“Palestine is Jordan and Jordan is Palestine; there is only one land, with one history and one and the same fate,” Prince Hassan of the Jordanian National Assembly was quoted as saying on February 2, 1970.

Abdul Hamid Sharif, Prime Minister of Jordan declared, in 1980, “The Palestinians and Jordanians do not belong to different nationalities. They hold the same Jordanian passports, are Arabs and have the same Jordanian culture.”

Abbas said: “Al-Aksa is ours and so is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. They have no right to desecrate them with their filthy feet. We won’t allow them to do so and we will do whatever we can to defend Jerusalem.”

I can post quotes too – you just choose to believe and emphasize the ones that fit your narrative as I choose the ones that fit mine. You cherry pick exactly as I do while ignoring sources that contradict your view.

You still haven’t addressed the fact that Arabs were trying to destroy Jews well before the settlements existed. So Arabs were preventing Jews from establishing their homeland in PART of Israel to begin with. Why do you absolve them of all guilt and put it squarely on Israel? Aren’t both sides doing terrible things?

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/190615/israels-best-diplomat-george-deek

• Pat Nguyen

I try not to talk much about my personal life when it comes to politics

How does the answer to your question impact what you say next?

• mls31286

Let’s talk about Martin Niemoller – people who refuse to see evidence in front of their eyes. I really am interested in your response on this one as maybe I will learn something new again. This is how I have seen it and am open to your side.

Israel accepted the partition in 1947 as declared while the Arabs declared war? Evidence #1.

David Ben Gurion bombed an Irgun ship Altalena to hold the truce with Arab nations even though they were poised to take over East Jerusalem. Evidence #2.

Even after the Israeli’s won the war, Arab’s refused to recognize Israel. Evidence #3.

Jordan occupied the West Bank and Egypt Gaza from 1948-1967, but the Palestinians did not act towards Egypt and Jordan as they do Israel. Why? Hmmm, religion maybe. Evidence #4

After gaining the land in 1967, Israel wanted to negotiate the return immediately for recognition and peace. The Arabs said No negotiations, No recognition and No Peace (Khartoum). Evidence #5.

In 1973, Egypt and Syria attacked Israel and almost destroyed them, again proving it’s about more than just the settlements. Evidence #6.

In 1979, Begin, a hard right wing Israeli became friends with and Sadat and made peace with Egypt, giving back land for peace. Peace has been respected since. Evidence #7.

In 2005, Israel uprooted thousands of settlers from Gaza for peace. The international community said it would become the next Singapore. Right Wing Israeli’s said it would become a rocket launching pad. Right Wing Israeli’s were right. The Palestinians elected Hamas whose goal is to destory Israel. Evidence #8.

Hamas and the PA are still at each others throats and can’t reconcile. Hamas still has in their charter to kill all Jews. Hamas and the PA arrest journalists for insulting them and Hamas just killed a former official accused of gay acts. Human rights in Gaza and the West Bank are pretty much non existent. Hamas still says if a peace agreement is reached it is just the beginning of the destruction of Israel. Evidence #9.

So through my evidence, I show Israel even engaged in force against it’s own people to keep to the truce. I show that when others occupied Gaza and the West Bank, it wasn’t as big of a deal showing religion plays a main role. I show Israel has given up land for peace successfully with Egypt and they gave up land for peace unsuccessfully with the Palestinians. Finally, the Palestinians don’t have reliable leaders and it is most likely even if Israel withdrew from the settlements the violence will continue (although not to the extent it is now).

Again, in my opinion I would love to see Israel unilaterally withdraw from the West Bank. But I prefer there not be another Yemen, Lybia, Syria or Iraq. Most evidence shows that’s exactly how a Palestinian state would function.

• OhioAhmad

Not only is nothing you say true but Israelis mistook an African last year for being a Palestinian resulting in his lynching.
    Looks like you support the lynching

• OhioAhmad

Nice try be being confused between the civil rights violations in Israel proper, the apartheid in the West Bank and Jerusalem, and the illegal Gaza siege.
    The facts speak for them self: Israel is a racist aprtheid atate built on lies and ethnic cleansing.
    #JSIS

• OhioAhmad

Deir Yassin, qafr kassam, rafah and over 50 massacres by Israel extremists.
    This is what you defend? The lies of plan Dalet?
    What a shame and absurd lengths that you and other unconditional supporters of Israel apartheid go to NOT make peace and keep Palestinians from having full equality and civil rights.

• Pat Nguyen

“When did ‘pro-Israel’ become a bad word?”

That’s easy. It’s because team Palistine has made their cause a zero-sum, all or nothing struggle. Their strategy is driven by the elimination of Israel and refuse a solution that would allow,a viable Israel to remain.

Until this goal changes, and their leadership,recognizes Israel as the homeland of the Jewish people and to renounce the pRoR, there will be no progress

It is possible to be both pro-Israel and pro-Palistinian

• Pat Nguyen

Can you please elucidate a bit more on the last sentence in your first paragraph?
    Thanks in advance

• Pat Nguyen

STFU you arse

• Pat Nguyen

Why? He is not speaking on behalf of the group

Don’t be afraid of new ideas.

• Pat Nguyen

That’s deep

• Pat Nguyen

Things like this happen when one uses human shields
    Sounds like Hamas got their intended result.

• mls31286

I did not say most things up there – an Ethiopian Israeli did, but I guess you know better…than the people you are talking about.

Regarding Orthodox Jews this is fact. I know multiple people who have been married in Israel that are no where near orthodox.

The Israel supreme court ruled against segregating women on buses in 2011. This is a fact that can’t be disupted.

Yes – a small group of Israeli’s did something terrible and they were ARRESTED and seen as terrible people by Israeli society and Jews everywhere. In the past 3 months there has been daily stabbings of Israeli’s and they are seen as hero’s by Palestinians. So Israeli government takes action and arrests while the Palestinian government praises and pays the murderers.

Someone was shot yesterday in every single country in the world. I guess if you support any of those countries you support shooting people.

I don’t think logic is your strong suit. If what I say is not true, prove to me it’s not true – at least Michael Hess is very knowledgeable and can cite evidence for his side of things. I know in your world you think you can just say somethings not true and magically it won’t be, but the real world doesn’t work that way. Why is what I say not true?

• Sigh. You are looking for things that confirm your bias and missing all the context of pertinent facts. Let’s take Jordan for instance. Jordan did not claim sovereignty over Palestine, it had nothing to do with religion outside of the fact that the Kingdom of Jordan has a responsibility to Al Aqsa.

Indeed in 1950 Jordan specifically passed legislation to that effect “without prejudicing the final settlement of Palestine’s just case within the sphere of national aspirations, inter-Arab co-operation and international justice.”

In short, Jordan was acting as a temporary mandatory because the British pulled out after all that yishuv terrorism that well predated Al Qaeda, Hamas and Hezbollah.

Israel must pull back to its actual borders. Again you are prejudicing the solution based on some inherent bias that you have against the agreement that Israel made which resulted in Israel being allowed into the United Nations as a provisional state under UNGA 273.

Just cutting and pasting things without studying their context does you no help either. For instance, the jazz about Israel leaving Gaza. It should be self-evident to all sentient beings that Israel still controls Gaza.

But here we are ten years after I personally asked Ban Ki Moon about it and this urban legend still persists. Have you seriously not noticed that Israel has Gaza bottled up like the Germans had the Warsaw Ghetto buttoned up. Right down to the fences, the counting of calories, the limitations of what kinds of goods get in including candy and toys and foodstuffs etc.

This is all in the news every day. I get testy when people bring this stuff up because if you are going to discuss this issue intelligently it is important to be cognizant of reality as opposed to what is written down on some right wing extremist Web site where I assume you are getting your [mis]information.

As Secretary Moon told me after Cast Lead when I asked if Israel still occupied Gaza, the answer is yes. Obviously (well not so obviously since you had not noticed) Israel holds “effective control” an international legal term dealing with military occupation.

Not a fishing boat can move and Israel does not fire on it. Get near the fence and Israel fires whether one is a child or not. It was in the news in the last few days or so that Israel pressured Egypt to use seawater to flood the tunnels at Rafah crossing which is of course seriously aggravating the fresh water situation at the southern end of Gaza.

Israel still occupies Gaza, and the Gaza Strip forms an integral part of Palestine as well as the West Bank and East Jerusalem. See UNSCR 1860.

The “evidence” you are referring to is well-worn Hasbara quips and propaganda that is useless. It’s all been debunked, some of it for many decades, like the Jordan claim as well as the three no’s olde tyme piece of garbage.

No Arab state was going to recognize Israel as an unlimited nation unfettered by the borders that it itself declared. It’s like your neighbor saying that he can just put his garage on your property because he covets it.

Israel immediately took over Jerusalem in an illegal move. Completely and utterly illegal see UNSCR 478 and work your way through the other six Security Council resolutions that have declared Israel’s “annexation” (theft my military force) of Jerusalem.

Al Haram Al Sharif – Al Aqsa is in Jerusalem. No Muslim is going to be thrilled at the idea of the third most important shrine to their religion being taken over by a violent religious state that has shown a proclivity for invading the neighbors and stealing their land.

See the Golan Heights, also taken over illegally by Israel and declared illegal under Security Council resolution, and read up on the 18 year military occupation of Lebanon where Israel still to this day holds Sheeba Farms and North Ghajar.

For people who really care these facts are gut-wrenching because so many people thought Israel was this lily white ‘beacon of light’ and it turns out that this was not so. Successive governments in Israel were not happy with the original deal, so they have simply used terrorism and oppression and military force to illegally expand the borders of the state that Israel agreed to in front of the Security Council and in their own declaration of independence.

I just don’t know how much more clear I can make it, so I will leave you with the Israeli declaration of independence that makes this point very clearly:

“On the 29th November, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel; the General Assembly required the inhabitants of Eretz-Israel to take such steps as were necessary on their part for the implementation of that resolution. This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their State is irrevocable.”

— Excerpted from the Israeli declaration of independence

That’s UNGA 181 my friend, passed by the UN General Assembly on November 29th, 1947. There is a map that accompanies it. Israel is not within those borders, and those are the only legal borders that Israel actually holds legal sovereignty over.

This is precisely why the bedrock international principle of ‘territory acquired by war is inadmissible’ appears in the first line of UNSCR 242. A UN nation cannot use military force to expand its borders and this Israel has done quite dramatically and that is the crux of the matter.

See Article 2, paragraph 4 of the UN Charter. See also:

http://www.un.org/en/sc/repertoire/principles.shtml for a full range of case studies on these facts. A lot of people like to make the also erroneous claim that only Israel gets singled out. Go read the Case Studies at the above link and learn how that is simply just not true.

The same rule applies to Vladimir Putin and Crimea. Indeed, this rule can be seen as part and parcel of why both the League of Nations Covenant and the subsequent formation of the United Nations was even necessary.

• And yet there is not one single case documented where a Palestinian militant group used Human Shields. On the other hand the Israeli High Court forbade the IDF from doing it years ago and they still continue to this day using innocent Palestinians as Human Shields, some as young as nine years-old. This has been documented by B’Tselem (now you know why Israel wants to put a a Yellow Start on this venerable and well-respected Israeli human rights group, and Defense of Children International and others but you bore me troll.

You do not care about the facts. And I detest “news” sites at a university, Stanford no less that censors photographic proof.

You might think about the reverse. As was censored yesterday, Israel keeps its military HQ tied by skybridge to a mall. So Mr. Pat Nguyen here says that it’s okay that it is targeted since they are using that mall as a Human Shield.

I think you are disgusting. And I hate that Stanford feels the need to censor the proof of the vile claim that you are making. Mr. Nguyen here just said its okay to target civilians,

I suggest that Stanford moderators review the Rome Statute.

• Go way fool. The Hamas Covenant has been defunct since 2006. See the US Army War College

• Oh you know. War, refugees, displacement, stuff like that. I asked because if you are someone who has been through the kinds of displacement through aggression as the Palestinians have been by Israel, I wonder what then drives your hate?

• “The Israel supreme court ruled against segregating women on buses in 2011. This is a fact that can’t be disupted.”

Yep. But the segregated buses remain. Just like the IDF still uses Human Shields. It’s that rule of law thing. The Israeli High Court is regularly ignored in Israel. Like Republicans would like to do with the US Supreme Court.

I am knowledgeable and extremely well read on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. But I always double check what I think I have read first, before I make a comment. Something may have changed or I may misremember something, I am getting pretty old these days.

You should have checked because I found copious references to Israel’s bus lines still being segregated by gender, and women being discriminated against, and you would have found them as well had you simply looked.

• Pat Nguyen

Ok, so it’s easy for you to assume that I carry hate

When you are ready engage in a mutually respectful dialogue, reach out again in a way that does not portray you as a common jack*ss

Cheers!

• Pat Nguyen

“And yet there is not one single case documented where a Palestinian militant group used Human Shields.”

In fact, there are many. Several institutions such as hospitals and schools in addition to private houses were used to house militants, missles, and tunnel entrances. Ambulances were used similarly. These count as a documented use of human shields.

• Pat Nguyen

I see. So you want to make cynical use of my life story to earn political points for you and your ilk

Not going to happen

• Pat Nguyen

“Hamas appeared to admit using human shields to fire rockets into Israel for the first time today…In a veiled confession that comes two weeks after the end of the Gaza war, a senior Hamas official said the group’s fighters had no choice but to use residential areas from which to launch missiles into their neighbour’s territory.
    But while Ghazi Hamad claimed they took safeguards to keep people away from the violence, he admitted ‘mistakes were made'”

So easy to expose your fraud.

• I have to admit. You got me. After all, I provided you proof from Winston Churchill that clearly says:

[Emphasis mine.] I mean how do you get confused about what that says?

And somehow you are confused! It’s from 1922, 26 years before UNGA 181 made the same deal, that’s why UNGA 181 was called the “partition” resolution, because the entire time it has always been known that Israel was carved out of the existing state of Palestine and never ever was all of historic Palestine intended to be Israel, or a Jewish national home.

Israel occupies, oppresses and controls 6.3 million Palestinians on their own land within and without of legal Israel, and it is disingenuous for you to claim that you are somehow confused about this fact.

It’s in the news on a daily basis whether Israel is shooting up a fishing boat off of Gaza or shooting down someone approaching the Apartheid Wall to tend crops.

So please, I’m delighted that you want to know more about the facts but don’t try and run Hasbara game on me because it just won’t fly.

There is nothing complicated about this at all. Zip Nada. Israel wants all of Palestine. Israel does not want the Palestinians that come with all of Palestine. Israel currently has more than 754,000 illegal squatters living outside of Israel, in the state of Palestine. They have a brutal occupation army that is enforcing this crime against humanity, see Article 49 paragraph 6 of Geneva 4th.

There is nothing confusing about it. If your neighbor built a house on your property, would that be confusing to you?

Would you believe it if the cops came and they said, well its confusing…

• You are such a wonderful emissary for Israel!

• CAMERA has no new ideas. It is the same old tired Hasbara that has led to more than 754,000 illegal squatters outside of Israel over in Palestine and according to Bin Laden, one of the reasons planes were flown into buildings. Wait until a Trump gets a megaphone and starts hammering that little fact into American’s heads.

You think the GOTP hates Mexicans and Muslims now, wait until they add Jews to the mix. Oh, you don’t agree? Because, David Duke brighteyes.

Because, prominent Republicans disavowed Trumps refusal to denouchDuke, and yet, THEY ARE STILL GOING TO VOTE FOR THE RACIST XENOPHOBE TEARING APART THE NATION.

You know, the very same guys that used to call your mother a gook?

• Liar. Who pays you? That’s not even your real name is it?

You know why I know you are lying? Arab Peace Initiative.