Police Blotter: Feb. 17-23

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 17 to Feb. 23 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Feb. 17

• An unknown suspect vandalized an elevator wall with non-hate-related phrases. The incident occurred in the Graduate School of Business Faculty Building at 2:20 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect stole a laptop from a cubicle at the Center for Integrated Systems between noon and 12:25 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect stole a bike from outside of Braun Hall between 3 p.m. and 4:20 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 18

• An individual was arrested for trespassing at the intersection of Escondido Mall and Galvez Mall at 3:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect vandalized exterior floor pavers with fluorescent pink spray paint. The incident occurred outside of Building 10 in the Main Quad at 5:15 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the intersection of the 400 block and Lasuen Mall at 10:45 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the intersection of Lasuen Mall and Serra Mall at 11 p.m.
  • Two individuals were arrested for being in possession of a fake ID and for being in possession of a controlled substance. The incident occurred at Tressider Memorial Union at 11:45 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 19

• An unknown individual spraypainted the stairs and walls of the Hewlett Teaching Center between 2:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
  • An individual was cited for being in possession of marijuana at the intersection of Old Page Mill Road and Gerth Road at 2:15 a.m.

Saturday, Feb. 20

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication and resisting a peace officer at the intersection of Lane W and Mayfield Avenue at 12:40 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect stole a laptop from an unlocked dorm room in Crothers Hall between 11:30 and 11:50 a.m.
  • Two individuals engaged in a physical altercation while playing a basketball game. Neither individual wished to prosecute or accepted medical attention. The incident occurred at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center at 12:10 p.m.
  • An unknown individual stole a television from the Crothers Hall Lounge on Feb. 19 between midnight and 7 p.m.

Sunday, Feb. 21

• An in progress theft of designer bags was dispatched to the Palo Alto Police Department (PAPD). SUDPS stopped the getaway vehicle until PAPD arrived. The incident occurred at the Stanford Shopping Center at noon.

Monday, Feb. 22

• An unknown suspect stole a wallet from an unattended purse at Hoover Tower. The incident occurred on Feb. 20 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 23

• An individual stole laptop from an unlocked room in the Ceras Building. No time frame was given.  

There was one alcohol transport reported between Feb. 17 and Feb. 23 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Blanca Andrei at bandrei ‘at’ stanford.edu.