Police Blotter: Jan. 20-26

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 20 to Jan. 26 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Jan. 20:

• An individual reported being paid with a fraudulent check for a product in Escondido Village on Dec. 29 at 11 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 21:

• An individual stole an electric golf cart from Sweet Hall between Jan. 15 at 6 p.m. and Jan. 19 at 8 a.m.

Friday, Jan. 22:

• An individual was arrested for driving under the influence at the intersection of El Camino Real and University Avenue 12:45 a.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Campus Drive at 10:30 p.m.
  • An individual was arrested for driving under the influence at the intersection of McFarland Court and Olmsted Road at 11:45 p.m.
  • An individual stole a laptop from the Landau Economics building between 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 23:

• An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the intersection of Lane W and Lomita Drive at 11 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the intersection of Lane W and Lomita Drive at 11:10 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 24:

• An individual shoplifted from the Stanford Bookstore at 1:30 p.m.
  • An individual was sexually assaulted at the 200-300 block on Santa Teresa Street between Jan. 23 at 11:15 p.m. and Jan. 24 at 2:30 a.m.

Monday, Jan. 25:

• An allegedly locked golf cart was stolen from Wilbur Hall between Jan. 22 at 7 p.m. and Jan. 25 at 8:30 a.m.
  • A package was either stolen from or misplaced at the Post Office between Jan. 15 at 4 p.m. and Jan. 25 at 2:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Jan. 26:

• An individual stole the rear wheel from a reportedly U-locked bike from the bike racks outside of the Mudd Chemistry building between Jan. 25 at 5 p.m. and Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m.

There were no alcohol transports reported between Jan. 20 and Jan. 26 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Blanca Andrei at bandrei ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Alexandra Bourdillon '18 is a freshman from Cupertino, CA. When she's not eating waffles, she can be found reading tea leaves or quantifying the land-speed velocity of a swallow (African, not European). After Stanford she hopes to explore the world, although the Bay Area will always be her home. To contact Alexandra, email her at abourdil ‘at’ stanford.edu.