Police Blotter: Jan. 13 -19

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 13 to Jan. 19 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Jan. 13:

• Two minors were found in possession of stolen bike parts at Memorial Church at 10:45 p.m.

Thursday, Jan. 14:

• An unknown suspect stole an unattended laptop from the common area of the Knoll between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
  • An individual was was arrested for being under the influence of methamphetamine at the intersection of Duena Street and Santa Teresa Street at 2:45 p.m.
  • An individual stole a reportedly U-locked bike from the bike rack at Trancos between Jan. 13 at  8 p.m. and Jan 14. at 9:16 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect entered a storage area and stole a reportedly U-locked bike by cutting off the lock. The incident occurred at the Knight Management Center Garage between Dec. 18 at 2 p.m. and Jan. 13 at 2:30 p.m.
  • An individual stole a 70-inch TV from the Manzanita Dining Commons between Dec. 1 and Jan. 4.

Friday, Jan. 15:

• An individual stole the front and rear bike wheels from a bike at the Shriram Center on Jan. 13 between 11 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Saturday, Jan. 16:

• An unknown individual stole a purse from a car parked outside of Nixon Elementary School between 2:11 p.m. and 3:40 p.m.
  • An individual was groped by an unknown suspect while in the restroom at Building 20 at 8 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect extorted $1,500 from an individual in Escondido Village between Jan. 15 at 4 a.m. and Jan. 16 at 9:35 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 17:

• An individual was arrested for public intoxication at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Lagunita Drive at 12 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect stole a vehicle from the parking lot outside of EV Studio 4 between Jan. 16 at 4 p.m. and Jan. 17 at 4 p.m.

Monday, Jan. 18:

• No incidents reported.

Tuesday, Jan. 19:

• A dryer caught on fire at Escondido V Highrise-Mirrielees at 11:30 p.m.

There was one alcohol transport reported between Jan. 13 and Jan. 19 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Blanca Andrei at bandrei ‘at’ stanford.edu.