Ultimate list of birthday freebies

Celebrating your birthday at Stanford notoriously includes getting showered at midnight. But did you know that there are tons of perks to celebrating your birthday on The Farm? We investigated some of the best birthday deals around so that the next time your special day rolls around, you can look forward to a lot more than wet clothes.

1. Sign up for Jamba Juice rewards and get a free juice or smoothie on your birthday.
  2. If you’re a Starbucks Rewards member, get any menu item of any size on your birthday. Yes, that means you can get your venti three-shot soy pumpkin spice latte absolutely free.
  3. CREAM also has birthday gifts, but you have to make an account online first. Use your account to save points and get a free ice cream sandwich for every 10 you buy.
  4. At Sephora in the Stanford Shopping Center, treat yourself to a free set of NARS lip pencils. Alternately (or additionally), you can stop by BareMinerals for a birthday gift if you join “Friends AND Benefits.”
  5. Download the app to get a free pretzel at Auntie Anne’s.
  6. Fans of Aveda can get a free gift (and smell nice for days).
  7. If you have a Coupa Card, you can get a free drink on your birthday. It’s also a pretty good deal for avid Coupa fans, as you can collect rewards points redeemable for future drinks.
  8. If you want to make the drive out to Denny’s, their birthday gift is no secret: You get a free Grand Slam.
  9. Sprinkles Birthday Club sends you a coupon for a free cupcake on your birthday every year.
  10. With a Pinkberry rewards card or app, you can get a free yogurt on your birthday.
  11. Craving some orange chicken? Get free Panda Express on your birthday if you sign up online, even at the Tresidder location.
  12. A bonus Halloween freebie for everyone this week: Get a free Krispy Kreme donut by going into the nearest shop (in Mountain View) on Halloween wearing your costume. Also, you can get a $3 Chipotle burrito by wearing a costume with something “unnecessary” added on.

Happy birthday, from the Grind!

Contact Samantha Wong at slwong ‘at’ stanford.edu. 

Samantha Wong '18 is the former Executive Editor of vol. 252 and former Managing Editor of The Grind. She is majoring in Human Biology with a minor in History. To reach her, please contact slwong 'at' stanford.edu.