Warriors make themselves at home on The Farm

The 2015 NBA Champions, the Golden State Warriors, visited Stanford Monday morning for a shootaround at the Arrillaga practice gym ahead of the team’s first preseason game at the San Jose SAP Center. The Warriors beat the Toronto Raptors 95-87.

The Stanford women’s basketball team had its first official practice of the 2015-2016 season following the Warriors’ shootaround.

Also on campus, basketball legend Magic Johnson spoke at CEMEX auditorium as part of the Stanford Graduate School of Business’s View From the Top speaker series, which brings well-respected leaders from around the world to share their insights on leadership.

Contact Ashley Westhem at awesthem ‘at’ stanford.edu. 

Ashley Westhem

Ashley Westhem

Ashley Westhem was Editor in Chief of Vol. 248 after serving as Executive Editor and Managing Editor of Sports. She is the voice of Stanford women’s basketball for KZSU as well as The Daily’s beat writer for the team and aids in KZSU’s coverage of football. She graduated in 2016 and is currently a Communications masters student. Ashley is from Lake Tahoe, California.