The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

A runner’s recap: The Stanford Invitational

Extending their dominance on the Stanford golf course, both Stanford cross country teams emerged victorious at their home invitational on Saturday.

After seeing their 19-year Stanford Invitational winning streak snapped last year at the hands of Washington State, the Cardinal men reasserted themselves over the weekend, defeating Division II power Chico State by five points and West Region rival Cal Poly by 37.
Stanford, CA - Saturday September 26, 2015: Sean McGorty during the Stanford invitational Saturday morning on the Stanford University golf course...Stanford womenís team beat runner-up Cal Poly by 44-65...Stanford men's team beat out Chico State 63-68...
Junior Sean McGorty (above) won his first collegiate cross country race on the 8,000-meter course at the Stanford Invitational. (DAVID ELKINSON/stanfordphoto.com)
Junior Sean McGorty picked up his first collegiate cross country win on the 8,000-meter course, pulling away from Chico State’s William Reyes in the latter half of the race.
Freshman Grant Fisher, making his collegiate debut, moved up well throughout the race and past Reyes in the final kilometer to finish second with a time of 23:33.9. Underclassmen Steven Fahy, Ryan Silva, Thomas Coyle and Patrick Perrier rounded out the Card’s top five.
The Cardinal women took their 12th consecutive title at the Stanford Invite, easily prevailing over Cal Poly 44-65. They were lead by fifth-year senior Molly McNamara, who placed fifth on the 6,000-meter course. Juniors Danielle Katz and Sophie Chase also finished in the top 10 for Stanford; the team next races at the Washington Invitational on Friday in Seattle.
Cameron Miller is a member of the Stanford men’s cross country team. 
Contact Cameron Miller at cmiller6 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at [email protected]